Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 01:16 AM

Default 5/T QTo Tp + rivered trips

Im used to playing shorthanded and this table has filled up but its too juicy to leave, i just want a feedback how i played this, comments on all streets are welcome.

Button is loose and semi aggressive postflop, he plays dumb preflop bassiclly plaiyng any 2 but plays okay postflop, i saw him 3btting a QJx high Flop once where i had KQ and checking to me when the K fall on the Turn and he called down from that point. Dunno what he had, i guess AQ..

iam button with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7SB, 7 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, Button calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button calls.

Results:
Final pot: 11.5BB
Old 04-01-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Re: 5/T QTo Tp + rivered trips

I think you mean UTG+1 is dumb pre-flop but okay. I'm pretty sure you are beat here given that your read on the prior hand was AQ and he knew enough to check the K on the turn. I think I would fold this turn UI. As played, a call on the river isn't unreasonable.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:44 AM

Personally I think your hand is worth 1 bet per street, so I just call the flop this being you already have players in between who are unlikely to fold for one more bet and you are just building a pot where you may not even be winning.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:29 PM

well he could have had Q2 in the other hand as well as something worse after i saw this hand i doubted he had AQ in the other Hand, he showed 95o...I didnt want to fold vs a retard , if he had know he had AQ i might would have folded but that wa sjust a guess so i thought i had to see a sd here. I get the argument with not building a pot with this hand.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would fold this turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]
No way. you are getting 7.5:1 on the gutshot, you may have outs to a 10 or Q, and it is possible you are actually ahead.

The turn is an easy call.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I would fold this turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]
No way. you are getting 7.5:1 on the gutshot, you may have outs to a 10 or Q, and it is possible you are actually ahead.

The turn is an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I like this whole hand. Especially the river.