Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 08:18 PM

Default HELLLLLLLLLLLLP me PLAY THIS

I was playing in a 100$ buy in and i was in 90th place when 65th cashes. There was 600 players to start with and i made top 90. The blinds are 300/600 and im short stack with only 6500 chips. The guy to my left has around 6500 chips as well and he is super aggressive always stealing my small blind and sometimes my big blind. I know the thing here to do is just push and let him know that im not gonna let him steal my blind... but i always got really crap cards like 64 or 32 in that position and usually he wouldnt just RAISE, he'd raise ALL in. I finally picked up J10, and he did the same thing... but i've been REALLY REALLY quiet for a long time and was down to 4000chips at this point and didnt feel like i'd want to risk my chip stack with J10s. was i wrong? should i have pushed with crap?
Old 04-01-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: HELLLLLLLLLLLLP me PLAY THIS

this is marginal, down to 4000 with 300/600 blinds I might call given your description. But JT is a hand that you would want to raise all-in with but not call an all-in with.

However, you should be waiting until you are the puck and then shove with any two.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:40 AM

Calling is bad. With antes, your M is only about 6. You are in the orange zone, almost in the red zone. You need to wait for a spot to open push to get first-in vigorish. If you can open-push, do it. If there is raising ahead of you, I'm not sure you're JT is quite good enough, but on the line.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he'd raise ALL in... I finally picked up J10, and he did the same thing... but i've been REALLY REALLY quiet for a long time and was down to 4000chips at this point

[/ QUOTE ]

It does not matter if you were very quiet. He is all-in. It only matters if he still has a chance to fold.
JT is not a hand to call an all-in with unless you are really desperate. Against a random hand you have only 55% equity. Don't risk your tournament life here.
Also you are in the blinds which means you have at least one more orbit to pick up a hand. Wait for a semi-decent hand and push all-in yourself to get some fold equity.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling is bad. With antes, your M is only about 6. You are in the orange zone, almost in the red zone.

[/ QUOTE ]
300+600=900 4000/900= M4.4..Without antes this is already red zone...i say call especially based on the description of his play
Old 04-01-2007, 09:47 PM

this is pretty interesting.... because i these are the hands that i think separate most players...
I laid down my JT, but the fact of the matter is im still regretting it... i ended up waiting another orbit and going all in with pocket sixes when i had about 4000 chips left. I should have pushed with J10... two reasons... im still alive here... and i think my chances are 35% or better against any two possible cards he had (prolly K or Q-junk) i also think if going all in with 66 was the move, but i rather go all in with J10 to double up to 16 000 and get outta the red zone. The fact is EVEN if i wait for a decent hand to push, i'd be way short and STILL be in the red zone after that. my only chance of getting out of the red zone was to push with that J10 and it was a mistake imho.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Calling is bad. With antes, your M is only about 6. You are in the orange zone, almost in the red zone.

[/ QUOTE ]
300+600=900 4000/900= M4.4..Without antes this is already red zone...i say call especially based on the description of his play

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, i was looking at where he said he had 6500 chips.