Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 06:04 PM

Default makes this cbet any sense?

Players are loose passive fish and especially
UTg will continue any draw and showing down any pair + hes able of bluffing and semibluffing too

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7SB, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks.

Results:
Final pot: 3.5BB
Old 03-31-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: makes this cbet any sense?

Personally, I muck this pf. Garbage unsuited Aces with a limper are a big no-no in my book. If UTG is passive he's capable of limping a better ace than A5o.

As played, I would cbet the flop, hope for fold/no raise then see free turn and river.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:29 PM

UTG is also capable of limping Q2o thats why i raised, but i seem to be raising more Ax hands that i propably shoudl especially @ ongame where it will always end like this if nor worse
Old 03-31-2007, 07:19 PM

fold preflop, especially against players that are calling down with any pair or draws like you said, otherwise cbet flop, if hu on turn cbet once more? check riv hope diamonds no good
Old 03-31-2007, 07:43 PM

i wouldnt iso raise with less than like A7 A8o here. id limp along with the low suited aces.

I pretty much always cb everytime vs 2 no matter what the board is but this is getting about as close as u can to a spot where giving up may be best, but I think cb'ing is better so they cant interpret ur actions in general and in future hands and often u put in 1 bet one folds, one calls with a worse hand (a draw) and u get a freeshowdown when ur hands good like half the time or so or spike an ace and get to vb vs a T or J?
Old 03-31-2007, 08:02 PM

i would fold pf unless limper is super horrible and the blinds are reasonably likely to let me get this pot HU. as played i usually cbet in to 2 opponents. however, i will sometimes check behind such a drawy flop with only once OC, since i feel like i'm very unlikely to pick this pot up. probably depends on my image and whether my cbets have been getting respect
Old 03-31-2007, 08:08 PM

that limper is super horrible but the rest of the field isnt much better so should i tighten up to A7o here? What suited aces to i raise here?
Old 03-31-2007, 08:11 PM

I iso raise a loose passive with A5o here as well. But I usually do it wanting to have the hand be HU or 3 way against a weak BB.

I don't c-bet here often. I don't think your hand has the equity or fold equity to throw in a bet; especially with SB cold calling. This flop is as bad as it gets in my opinion. It just hits too many draws and made hands, and these opponents are the worst kind to c-bet for fold equity.

I do think you should c-bet sometimes however, especially if you have been checking through some flops like these recently at the table and your opponents are observant, as your fold equity will be better.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:19 PM

it depends. Two important factors (there may be more) are:

1. What are the preflop tendencies of the people to act behind you. If you can get Ax heads up, then you should be fairly happy. Even A2o in my opinion. But if the people to act behind you are likely to 3-bet light seeing you iso raise, well, then start chucking some of your weaker aces.

2. Of course this brings in the second factor you should be thinking about. That is your table image. If you've been iso raising light, and players have been adjusting by either reraising you lightly or by making plays post flop, then you should tighten up your raising range.

Of course how your opponents will play post flop also is important.