Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 05:46 PM

Default anything wrong with this?

43/0 0 WTSD 0.74 AF over 53 but i had no real reads in the hand since there is daily new fish at ongame

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 5 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.25BB, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10.25BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to UTG.

Results:
Final pot: 10.25BB
Old 03-31-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: anything wrong with this?

Yuck. I would probably cont bet this flop though, then if BB raises a single spade will probably fold. I really like this strategy because when you force people to call 2 cold, you find out who has the flush draw.

The hand is really hard to say, because u c/c the flop so you have no idea if you are ahead on the turn. The river is puke, runner runner flushes to the 8 when u have tp on the turn suck.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:25 PM

Why are we raising pf if we are just going to c/c on the flop? Dont raise pf unless u intend on cbet everytime
Old 03-31-2007, 07:38 PM

vs 4 other players i like his flop line better then bet call.

I agree with the maxim of almost always cb'ing any flop as the pfr but ur being alittle too rigid about that whole school of thought

not cb'ing 100% of the time is also not a reason to not raise AQs here (or any raising hand for that matter) at all, that comment was kinda off base.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are we raising pf if we are just going to c/c on the flop? Dont raise pf unless u intend on cbet everytime

[/ QUOTE ]

this is pretty bad advice imo, at least as an absolute rule. at 6-max you will probably want to cbet a huge percentage of the time, but i think betting OOP into 4 players on this flop sucks.

to answer your question directly, we raise pf because we have very good equity. we check the flop because, on that specific flop, we don't have good equity, but with a big pot and a OC + bdfd we probably have to call a raise.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for value, betting this flop into a field of 4 calling stations would be dumb imo, you make a cbet for basiclly taking the pot down, you think this is gonna work here?

and again you raise preflop for value not because you want win the pot UI, if that would be the case why not raising 72o pre
Old 03-31-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yuck. I would probably cont bet this flop though, then if BB raises a single spade will probably fold. I really like this strategy because when you force people to call 2 cold, you find out who has the flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Schwatt, i know you know this because i've played with you quite a bit before:

these monkeys will call two cold with jacks, sometimes sevens, hell, i've see guys call two cold with KQ here. i don't think that any info you get warrants betting into 5 players here
Old 03-31-2007, 07:54 PM

I think this is bad advice. You raise preflop because you have an equity advantage. You sometimes don't c-bet because you don't have an equity advantage depending on the board texture and because people aren't likely to fold often enough to make it +EV.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:54 PM

thats really true they WILL call with Q7 here...
Old 03-31-2007, 08:02 PM

I didnt comment on the hand at all, Im wondering if we should fold to the turn raise with the flush out (dont think we could without it out, true untrue?) or if we should fold the river when we get there (not sure but do we really think hes betting a red KQ here? what can we put him on we beat here)