Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2006, 07:14 PM

Default all night he check check check!!

I was hoping to have a better rounders quote for a subject, but who would read a post that said "and thats what the Yoshiva taught me..." Anyway.

5-10 blinds, villain has $1550, I cover. He is a pretty loose pf player and plays pretty well PoF from what I've seen so far.

Villain opens to $25 from LMP, I make it $85 from the button with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He calls.

flop A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet $115, he calls.

turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks, I check. Many things can happen depending on the river card so I want to know what we think so far. Also, for those who think I should've bet the turn, what do you do if he min c/r? c/r all-in? c/c?
Old 02-14-2006, 07:41 PM

Default Re: all night he check check check!!

Im betting this turn. Don't want to see another club hit on the river, if he is sitting with the Q of clubs. Im calling Min c/r hoping to see the board pair. folding to c/r all in. If he c/c I'm firing again if the river blanks, and he checks it to me.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:05 PM

I'm betting the turn hard 75%-100% of pot and calling a push and reraising any raise. You cannot put him on a made flush with the A and K of clubs up there. You have to bet the turn hard imho and even if he does somehow have a flush which I highly doubt, you still have 10 outs.

Also, I would have bet more on the flop as well as raised more pf-(to 90-100ish, but 85 isnt too bad)
Old 02-15-2006, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm betting the turn hard 75%-100% of pot and calling a push and reraising any raise. You cannot put him on a made flush with the A and K of clubs up there. You have to bet the turn hard imho and even if he does somehow have a flush which I highly doubt, you still have 10 outs.

Also, I would have bet more on the flop as well as raised more pf-(to 90-100ish, but 85 isnt too bad)

[/ QUOTE ]

so you don't really care what he has you're just going balls to the wall with this hand?
Old 02-15-2006, 12:21 AM

The reason I don't like the turn check is because the turn is where the money's going in in this hand. The turn is where mistakes are made with draws - the Villain will now have a very difficult time making a mistake. You're not getting Villain to three-bet on any river unless he's a total fish, and as a result you'll have a hard time getting very much out of Villain.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:46 AM

BET THA TURN
Old 02-15-2006, 01:00 AM

Although I understand the merits of checking behind on the turn, you more likely to get paid off by a pair of aces on the river if a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] doesn't hit. Your more likely to lose less if he does have a flush. I bet the turn again, but I wouldn't go overboard, just enough to make the flush odds not right, calling a c/r here would be pretty tough since you can't really assume he is going to go wild on the river if the board pairs (assuming he c/r with a flush).
Old 02-15-2006, 02:22 AM

pound the turn