Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2006, 05:54 PM

Default \"Free Laptop\" Theory Question

I was thinking about this last night and can't seem to wrap my head around it. I'm sure the answer must be painfully obvious, and I'm going to say "oh duh!" as soon as I see it. Anyways, consider this hypothetical:

I am a 10/20 LHE player who has an expected winrate of 2BB/100. I play 1000 hands every day for a total of 30000 hands in a month giving me an expected income of $12000 each month.

This month I decide that I want to get a new laptop. During one of my days playing this month, I go on a very nice heater and make 75BB in 300 hands ($1500). I think to myself, "awesome, I just made enough for my new laptop!" Then, having a flash of brilliance, I stop playing and immediately cashout that $1500. I tell myself that I am going to pretend those 300 hands never happened, and play an extra 300 hands today.

So at the end of the month I still have my 30000 hands, all played with an expected winrate of 2BB/100. Since every hand is random and independent of every other hand, do I still have a $12000 expected earn for the month plus a "free" laptop?