Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 08:04 AM

Default two hands with tough river decisions and near nuts

These hands were very typical of my night. Input on all streets is much appreciated.

Hand #1
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$1/$2 Blinds
9 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $198
BB: $263.55
UTG: $192
<font color="green">Hero (UTG+1): $282.40</font>
MP1: $210.65
<font color="green">MP2: $271</font>
MP3: $203
CO: $139.40
BTN: $120.45

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3, 9 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $7, 5 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($17, 2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, MP2 calls $12

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($41, 2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $34</font>, MP2 calls $34

<font color="black">River:</font> 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($109, 2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $80</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $160</font>, <font color="red">Hero ?</font>

Hand #2
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$1/$2 Blinds
9 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $158.20
BB: $90
UTG: $203.55
UTG+1: $210.25
MP1: $65.95
MP2: $509.75
MP3: $107.05
<font color="green">CO: $198.80</font>
<font color="green">Hero (BTN): $184.65</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3, 9 Players)
5 folds, CO calls $2, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $8

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($23, 2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $16</font>, CO calls $16

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($55, 2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $50</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $110</font>, <font color="red">Hero ?</font>
Old 03-30-2007, 08:11 AM

Default Re: two hands with tough river decisions and near nuts

Hand 1 you have to call. The only hand you are afraid of is AT - and the chances of him the case T are sick. Without reads, most of the time he'll have two pair, a set or complete Air hoping you don't have the T.
Its makes sense for him to suspect you don't have the T - how many players will raise UTG with AT?

Hand 2, harder call. Though I suspect its a split. I think most of the times its a weaker A. He is not stupid enough to think a set is good here, is he? And well, there is an off chance he has 67s or even 56s....
Old 03-30-2007, 08:27 AM

i wouldn't have cbet either of those flops. they are way too dangerous and tons of hands that beat you are calling while few hands you beat will fold.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:08 AM

First hand I want to push. You have so little left behind if you call, what's the point? LOL. It's so unlikely that he has AT. I'd definitely call (at least).

Second hand you almost have to push, too. It's probably a split, but any bet on the river and you are all-in.

Basically, you have to push or fold both hands, and I couldn't give either one up. If I had to fold one, it'd be the second one.

I don't mind the C-bets on either one. The first you have a great draw, and the second you have a low board that probably didn't hit CO any better than it hit you. However, I suppose he hit a flush.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:57 AM

i agree with BT2 on hand 1. Cbetting this flop is ridiculous. you're going to get repopped by any hand, forcing you to throw away your decent draw.

You have to call here, if not push. he's giving you better than 2-1 just given the Min raise and not even discounting the rest of the pot/
Old 03-30-2007, 11:01 AM

hand 2, would villain call a flop bet with just a gut shot? and in hand 2, you're straight is no where near the nuts...any 6, any 67, is killing you.

hand 2 is difficult. pretty sure you're losing to the 6 though. split at best right?
Old 03-30-2007, 11:45 AM

Fold hand 2, I don't even think its that tough, he could very easily have 66 or 56 here and there aren't really many aces that make a lot of sense for his range. Why did you pot the turn? Seems really bad to me.

Hand 1 I call, raising is pretty pointless although it is small. I think AT raises an earlier street here so just go ahead and make the call and hope for a chop.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:13 PM

In hand two, would CO call the raise with 56? I guess some people would. I think he has As and another spade. 66 is possible, but that's one hand. It guess It's pretty obvious that hero has an A. Villain could easily be trying to scare hero off his hand knowing that it's at least a split.

66 is very possible, though.