Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Dragon Warrior Brag!!!

sick brag:

beat: screenshots wouldn't work in full screen mode so I couldn't use the screenshot of me fighting (running from) a blue dragon

beat #2: could have been making $500/hr playing 5/10 this whole time

variance: this was actually quite challenging

variance 2: didn't know where i was going when i went to get the sword, but after making maps and playing perfect so many times i finally ran good once and got it at level 13!

beat 2: there's nothing else to do in this game now for like 7 levels, at all. I beat the game once like 15 years ago.

variance 3: girl eating pussy (NSFW)
Old 03-29-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Dragon Warrior Brag!!!

[ QUOTE ]
sick brag:

beat: screenshots wouldn't work in full screen mode so I couldn't use the screenshot of me fighting (running from) a blue dragon

beat #2: could have been making $500/hr playing 5/10 this whole time

variance: this was actually quite challenging

variance 2: didn't know where i was going when i went to get the sword, but after making maps and playing perfect so many times i finally ran good once and got it at level 13!

beat 2: there's nothing else to do in this game now for like 7 levels, at all. I beat the game once like 15 years ago.

variance 3: girl eating pussy (NSFW)

[/ QUOTE ]

So you basically missed out on at least $20k for this thing, huh? Nice.

PS: Dragon Warrior is awesome but I think it would be boring now, too much levelling.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:47 PM

are there any sites where you can play the old - school DOS D&D games?
Old 03-29-2007, 08:47 PM

The sword isn't too tough IMO. You just have to get lucky and make it through the castle running from all the enemies. Is this early to have the armor? If so, this is pretty impressive because the knight is a pain in the ass. You just pay golf for the shield correct?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The sword isn't too tough IMO. You just have to get lucky and make it through the castle running from all the enemies. Is this early to have the armor? If so, this is pretty impressive because the knight is a pain in the ass. You just pay golf for the shield correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah shield costs 14800 gold, it's not easy to have that much at level 13 though. I got that second. First I actually got the armor at level 12 and probably took about 10 tries or so til I finally got really lucky and had the knight sleep for like 6 turns. Sword actually felt damn near impossible at times.. I had silver shield and erd's armor, and all needed items, full hp/mp obviously, but I still kept dying. I kept getting blocked repeatedly or slept or I'd stopspell and it would get blocked and then get slept, it was ridiculous. Then I had to figure out how to actually get to the sword which was no easy task. I died a bunch of times where I didn't even get to the secret passage (or even to the castle sometimes).
Old 03-30-2007, 12:15 AM

Is this an emulator or some stand alone version of the game? I just got done replaying FFVI and whooping Kefka's arse.

D_D
Old 03-30-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this an emulator or some stand alone version of the game? I just got done replaying FFVI and whooping Kefka's arse.

D_D

[/ QUOTE ]
yessir

it's called console classix.. can play any NES game without downloading.. I think you can play SNES too but you have to pay? Not really sure honestly. I was actually going to get an SNES one too and play some ff2 and ff3 (US). Is there any one in particular that you recommend?
Old 03-30-2007, 01:01 AM

i couldnt get into this game, but i love dragon warrior monster, SO much better than pokemon and other games like it. i had such a baller line up in that game
Old 03-30-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

D_D

[/ QUOTE ]
yessir

it's called console classix.. can play any NES game without downloading.. I think you can play SNES too but you have to pay? Not really sure honestly. I was actually going to get an SNES one too and play some ff2 and ff3 (US). Is there any one in particular that you recommend?

[/ QUOTE ]

For SNES I've used the major ones over the years. The last one I used was "ZSNESW" and it worked well. There is another one (not sure if it's still around) calls Nesticle that was also good as well.

There is even an N64 emulator I tried once. I only played one game and that was Doom 64, and mostly for a few minutes of nostalga(sp?). It worked good as well. I would have used it more, wanted to find Goldeneye ROM, but my PC crashed and I never DL'd it again.

As an interesting side, I've also got a GBC emulator on my Palm Tungsten E2. You have to pay for it though and I don't use them..ever, so a waste of $$$. I mostly wanted to be able to dabble in a few of the Pokemon games which really were great games, I just never gave them proper credit because there were so middle school-ish, but they're great RPGs really.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:36 AM

I appreciate this accomplishment. Well done.