Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Dear Friends -- PLEASE HELP JoJo

All,

I apologize in advance for this non-internet gambling post. But this is more important than poker.

One of my friend's 5 year old son is currently at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) in the Pediatric ICU. He is on a heart/lung bypass machine waiting for a heart transplant.

This all started 12 months ago with a virus that caused Joseph (JoJo) to have a high-grade fever for 9 days. During this time, JoJo's mom and dad had him at the doctor's office numerous times and were always sent home with instructions to call back if symptoms got worse or didn't improve. Only a crystal ball would have told them that this virus had already invaded his heart and was starting to damage the muscle fibers.

Three months later, while renting a beach house at Folly Beach SC, JoJo suddenly fainted. He was transported by ambulance to the MUSC ER and along the way showed some irregular heart rhythms. The doctors again dismissed these symptoms, and we were told to "keep a close eye on him". Unfortunately JoJo was admitted to MUSC shortly thereafter for the implantation of an internal defibrillator and his discharge home to start kindergarten with only hopes and prayers for leading a "normal" life.

Several days ago, JoJo missed his best friend's 6th birthday party because his mom didn't think he looked well. Around the time that JoJo’s little friend was blowing out the candles for her 6th birthday, his father was performing rescue breaths and chest compressions to save his life. Trust me it’s hard to see a big 6 foot 2 inch man break down. I can hardly fathom his pain.

With divine intervention, a medical helicopter was empty and just about to fly off from the Florence, SC hospital to MUSC in Charleston. They flew JoJo to MUSC where he almost died again last night. His defibrillator has gone off a total of 14 painful times. This poor little boy is now sedated and paralyzed while on a heart/lung bypass machine. My dear friends are suffering in a way that I cannot comprehend.

Leading edge technology is going to be used in an attempt to save his life. It is VERY EXPENSIVE and NOT COVERED by insurance.

Please say a prayer for my sweet angel friend Joseph Greenwood and if you can -- go to www.helpjojo.com and donate what you can to help save his life.

Peace to you all,
Chip
Old 03-29-2007, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Dear Friends -- PLEASE HELP JoJo

Too bad the United States isn't a civilized country and we don't have universal health care like all the other western industrialized countries like Britain, Canada, Australia, and on and on.
Closed Thread