Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 06:26 PM

Default NL50: Flopped the nuts in multi-way pot - how\'s my line?

What do you think of my line here? My logic is that I'm pretty sure someone has flopped a strong two pair or even a set and will call. At this level I could even get called by something as weak as AT - "top pair and nut draw".

I am wondering whether you think this is strong or just scared?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($8.25, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $71.15</font>
Old 03-28-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: NL50: Flopped the nuts in multi-way pot - how\'s my line?

My problem with the play is while you might get called by 1 opponent we should be attempting to milk all of them for bets while giving incorrect odds.

For example - if you bet $8 here and the two pair calls then the set re-raises and then you shove over the top you've just netted an additional bet and potentially gotten all in with two villains with the nuts.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:50 PM

Are you being serious here a simple raise to get some value here is your only option. There are no draws to overcome your hand apart from the board pairing and this shouldnt worry you at this point as there was no raise before you.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:56 PM

Normally I'd bet around the size of the pot here. But I felt like trying a different line - which is why I'm posting it here.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:37 PM

I don't like this play. Since utg bet pf, you hope he has flopped a big hand too. But you also have a second opponent, who probably has a lesser hand. You don't want to give the lesser hand an easy fold. You should try to give them an opportunity to make an "expert raise" with marginal hands. You're probably making their life much too easy with an all-in bet.

Assuming you all have 100bb, more or less:
So I bet about 4/5 pot on the flop, hoping I'll get reraised. I call the reraise. If he checks the turn, I often like to underbet the pot a bit, hoping to induce a fat raise. If he bets the turn, I raise him, but not too much (a bit more if a 2 to a flush fell). Depending on the stacksizes, you can commit him (them, hopefully) to a riverbet.
When the BB gets involved, let him dictate the betting for a bit, unless his bets are too small. You do want to build a pot, of course.

I think the one thing you have to consider is that you have two opponents. You'll want to build the pot slower, in order to get the maximum $ from both the strong hands and the decent hands. You'll probably get the strong hands all-in anyway, so slow down a bit to milk a wider range of hands.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:13 PM

this hand is so stupid. wtf are you doing. this is not creative, revolutionary, or anything else you're trying to accomplish.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this hand is so stupid. wtf are you doing. this is not creative, revolutionary, or anything else you're trying to accomplish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed 100%.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:20 PM

well, you're not getting called by AT, EVER. if you put one of these guys on a set , you're getting ai anyways. AJ is folding. KQ can find a fold. you're just not getting called here, vs their range.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:40 PM

ROFL AT SHOVE INTO TWO CHECKERS. I understand your logic, but I think you win more money by simply betting and getting a lot of pair+gutshot hand calling and if two pair gets aggro on you then you shove, but really you want weaker hands to call so just bet standard. We don't want to force them to make the right play and fold their top pair + draw.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:53 PM

Any hand that calls your AI is c/r you and calling a push anyway.