Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 05:31 PM

Default KK. 4-bet preflop. A high flop,what to do?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($44.40)
BB ($25.35)
UTG ($34.30)
Hero ($26.35)
Button ($25.60)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, BB calls $6.

Flop: ($18.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks.
Hero ??
Final Pot: $18.10
No reads. What do I do here?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: KK. 4-bet preflop. A high flop,what to do?

I push. I think you're ahead of villain's range, and although he's not going to fold anything that beats you, he's also calling a lot when he's beat (QQ and lower PP).
Old 03-28-2007, 06:02 PM

Pushing sucks. Easily the worst option. You are only getting called when you are WB and folding all hands you take to valuetown. Im checking behind here, but Ill do that with AK or AA on this board occusionally too.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:10 PM

Not surprised you think pushing sucks, since I tend to suck in general [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

When you check behind on the flop, what is your plan for the rest of the hand? Let's say the turn is a blank, and...
A) Villain bets out
B) Villain checks again
Old 03-28-2007, 06:15 PM

I completely agree w/ checking the flop here (I would also usually do the same w/ AK)... you save some when behind and get more value from JJ/QQ/etc. Usually betting the turn if checked to and I would def. call a turn bet.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:24 PM

I typically check. Sometimes you can shove with hopes to get a call from QQ and the like.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:48 AM

Ok I checked after as I didn't see any hands calling me that I'd beat. On turn villain shoved and I was totally lost as I knew he might do this with QQ(/JJ?). Should I call turn?
Old 03-29-2007, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I checked after as I didn't see any hands calling me that I'd beat. On turn villain shoved and I was totally lost as I knew he might do this with QQ(/JJ?). Should I call turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why i do not agree with your check on the flop. By checking the flop you are showing real weakness and his only move is to push on the turn no matter what it is. However the way the hand has been played i think a call is needed after his push. what was the outcome??
Old 03-29-2007, 05:50 AM

Wouldn't he try to extract with an A after you showed weakness on the flop facing the A and making it quite obvious that you have something like KK, QQ (assuming that villain doesn't watch you enough to see that you check behind with AK here sometimes, too)? A play like that makes me suspicious. A push on a dry board says something like "DON'T CALL!" and that's the reason why I go on and call. I think you'll see 99-QQ here more often than an A.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:16 AM

I couldn't call his shove. I had a bad session behind me and I didn't want to lose more so I couldn't think clearly. But yeah, I think I should have called villains shove. Bad me =)

Cocopops_x, by lettng him shove on turn wouldn't I get more value from hands like TT-QQ because I can't see those hand calling my push on flop?