Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 10:36 AM

Default TPGK facing all-in on the river.

Villain was very agro over about 50 hands.

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $5.98
UTG+1: $7.38
CO: $9.60
Hero: $9.43
SB: $13.72
BB: $6.85

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $0.7</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.65, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1.7</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($5.05, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $11.32</font>
Hero . . . ?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: TPGK facing all-in on the river.

fold. Villain has shown constant aggression throughout hand (aka he likes his hand) and you can't be TPTK.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:47 AM

Raise preflop to isolate your opponent and give you the ability to win on the flop when nobody hits. As played, fold the flop. Raising is better than calling -- calling is absolutely terrible.

As played on the turn I fold, but you should be asking different questions.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:58 AM

also take good notes on this type of player, if you seem him pull this same move with 77 or TT then he will be easy to exploit later on.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:22 AM

I hate taking a card off on the flop. If he is cbetting let him have it. If he has AA you are virtually drawing dead. Never take a card off w/ two overs if you won't make TPTK IMO.. especially facing a PSB on the flop

Edit: Scratch that..never take a card off w/ two overs when you aren't getting the odds and know for certain he isn't trapping (which is rarely)
Old 03-28-2007, 12:08 PM

Eh, you misplayed this hand pretty bad all over it.

Preflop: First, limping behind on the button with KQ here is bad imo. You have as strong a hand as KQ, in position, villain only limped which means he probably doesn't have a strong hand. All this against 10nl villains who are bound to suck hard: Raise that [censored] up!!

The 2nd call isn't that bad, but I don't like it very much either. SB could have taken a practically free flop, why does he raise big then? Maybe he's just getting fancy on a bluff, but I think this is most of the time something he considers as a big hand.

Flop: You flopped nothing and villains at this level aren't smart enough that you could bluff them of any made hand. Time to bail out. In my experience big bets at this level really mean strength, and this villain has made TWO big bets already. I think he has a big hand here like 9/10 times. Your call here is pretty much burning money unless you have a solid read that villain is a bluffhappy retard.

Turn: Fold. Only reason you could call here is if you think he might be desperation shoving TT or JJ, but I doubt it. I think you're being shown QQ+ here pretty much allways.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:24 PM

What is very aggressive ?
Does he see and raise every pot? Or his he only aggressive in the pots he is in?

I suspect villain have Ax here at best most of the time. Maybe A9, T's or something like that. However without reads I fold. A maniac on this level almost never go AI with the best hand. They often push when a card that scare them come on. So I'm pretty sure you are ahead. But again, without reads its a fold.

And like everyone said, raise PF - fold flop
Old 03-28-2007, 12:32 PM

Hero calls, I showed down t8s. I was raising every pot I went into and c-betting alot on favorable flops, generally pushing the table round a good bit.
When hero called my first bet, I put him on exactly what he had - whiffed overs, when the queen showed I knew I was in trouble but decided to gamble anyway.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero calls, I showed down t8s. I was raising every pot I went into and c-betting alot on favorable flops, generally pushing the table round a good bit.
When hero called my first bet, I put him on exactly what he had - whiffed overs, when the queen showed I knew I was in trouble but decided to gamble anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't get why you decided to limp KQo OTB preflop. If you didn't want to raise it, just fold. On the flop, raise or fold. You accomplish nothing by calling, except bloating the pot and facing a certain bet on the turn. As it played out (which I think it means villian showed t8s), you were lucky.

edit: reading this again, are you implying that you are villian in this hand?
Old 03-28-2007, 02:07 PM

Yeah, I was villain - I was interested to know how my play would be percieved. . I was pretty sure he played badly, as I hadn't been at the table long enough for a proper read. In conclusion, I think I might have come across just a little too agro.