Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 09:53 AM

Default How do you handle this?

30 player freeze out....down to 11 people. Blinds are 500/1000 and i've got about 7k and the button. I open on the button all-in with KJ. SB and BB both have me covered by a decent amount. While SB is considering a call, the BB starts talking to him....basically I thought I heard him say "call dude" and then he starts saying "are you going to call" while the SB is looking at him and he's basically doing everything he can do to give off tells that he won't call if the SB does.....which is significant because SB had a hand bad enough and enough chips that he had to really worry if the BB called, or raised all in.

We are at an underground cardroom, the owner is dealing, I wait for him to say something and he doesn't. What would you do here?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Re: How do you handle this?

Ask the owner what the "one player to a hand" policy is. Tho' sadly at this point the damage is done for this hand.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:38 AM

yeah I was wondering what the rules were in a situation like this. Since the house didn't speak up, I did and basically said "you need to shut-up." Of course then he got pissed etc. I really didn't think it was appropriate at all, and i'm not even sure what the appropriate house response should be in this situation. Of course I get called and lose a coinflip to a hand that probably would have folded if he'd had to act without knowing what BB was going to do. I'm not sure if there is a fair way to handle the situation other than kicking BB in the nuts.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:30 PM

Serious collusion. Totally bogus. Not sure there's a remedy that helps you since it sounds like the SB was just sitting there quietly--it was SB who called you and BB who was doing the talking. So you can penalize BB, but that's going to happen after this hand and you're still out.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:40 PM

that's about what I thought.....not a damn thing I could do, I did bitch so hopefully BB will think about it before opening his mouth in the future.