Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 12:59 AM

Default LaKisha will be bottom three!!!

Based on my American Idol Niche Theory, LaKisha will be at the bottom three this week. She had already been occupying the Female Power Voice Niche with Doolittle before this week. Well, she just made it much worse by wearing a loud outfit and by singing a Disco song by Donna Summer, ala Doolittle.

Jordin further differentiated herself from the above two by doing a good Gwen Stefani copycat.

Gina Gocksen this week did the best job of defining herself.

Bye bye Hayley. She should have continued last week's sexy look by wearing a provacative colorfull miniskirt kind of thing but didn't. She's gone.

Sanjaya will survive as usual if the cheers from the audience is a good indicator of public support.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: LaKisha will be bottom three!!!

No chance LaKisha is in bottom 3. You are on crack.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:39 AM

Um Jordin sounded like shiat, and the early results are showing that.

Agree Gina actually did a good job this week.

And how much money would you like to bet on Lakisha being bottom 3? Tell me how much and at what odds and I will bet you she will not be bottom 3 for my whole bankroll.

-Brendan
Old 03-28-2007, 03:36 AM

Jordin was [censored] awful this week - both singing performance and outfit. Seems like she'd be bottom 3 before Lakisha (not saying either will make it this week though).

Haley really needed to carry her momentum from last week and do another uptempo song. The only reason I don't think she is 100% gone this week is because Sligh sucked 100x worse than her.

I hate to bash 2 of my 3 favorites on this show. But it was really bad this week.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:28 AM

Sligh was incredibly bad. He should go. He is the most overrated guy left IMO. We all know Sanjaya is surviving on the car crash type must see each week. Sligh however should go back to his weekly church christian rock shows in his podunk town down south.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:29 AM

Haunted,

You are taking your "niche theory" too far. It is simply just that - a theory. It makes sense in the overall, grand scheme of things, but holds no real water in any specific week. Lakisha is far from the bottom 3...if anything, she's probably somewhere around 3-5 this week.

I think Haley is gone, with Sligh also in the B3. Any idea who else will be the in the B3? Chris R was last week and had the pimp spot this week, so I'm sure he won't be in the B3. Gina seems like she was too good to be in the B3. If I had to guess, I'd say it'll be Phil despite his solid performance.

Sligh won't be gone because his supporting base still has a large enough impact, IMO. I think he forever sealed whatever tiny chance he had of going far with his performance last night, however.

[ QUOTE ]
Sanjaya will survive as usual if the cheers from the audience is a good indicator of public support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you normally watch AI? The audience always cheers. And boos Simon. This is standard. I could get up there and sing Mary Had a Little Lamb and the crowd will still boo when Simon tells me I sounded like a pre-school teacher on bad day.

At any rate, Sanjaya will stick around for sure this week.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sligh was incredibly bad. He should go. He is the most overrated guy left IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with this. If you take out Sanjaya I really can't see an argument for Sligh still being here. He's been as good as he's going to get, which isn't very good. Last night was a trainwreck for him.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:22 AM

train wreck is putting it nice
Old 03-28-2007, 12:09 PM

As a whole, 2+2 seems very down on Jordin's performance last night. While I do like her, I didn't think her performance was great last night but I didn't think is was bad either. I agree with most of the posters at MJs. While it was certainly not her best, it was upbeat. She was the ONLY one who went with a pop song while the rest all played it safe. Most found it refreshing and she showed once again she can sing anything. I do agree the outfit was not so good though.

One more thing. I have a cousin that is 18 years old and Jordin's bubbly, giggly attitude totally reminds me of her. I think it is sweet but I guess I can see how others might now feel the same way. It is just her being young, having fun, and enjoying the moment.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:58 PM

There is only so much room in one niche. People do not see generalities. They see niches. This is a truth of perception and marketing. American Idol is all about marketing.