Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 08:06 PM

Default QQ 100nl.

Not much of a read on villan. I think I should start folding these on the flop. comments?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.50/$1 Blinds
5 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $75
BB: $207.60
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $101.35</font>
CO: $172.10
BTN: $99.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.50, 5 Players)
Hero raises to $4, CO calls $4, BTN folds, SB calls $3.50, BB calls $3

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($16, 4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $12, CO folds, SB raises to $24, BB folds, Hero calls $12

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($64, 2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($64, 2 Players)
SB bets all-in for $47, Hero calls $47

Pot Size: $158 ($3 Rake)
Old 03-27-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: QQ 100nl.

Blah, I fold the river. Folding flop is ok to tbh.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:18 PM

I think your play is fine. Not sure about the river. Could go either way. I think folding on the flop to the minraise is pretty exploitable especially with position to see what he does first on the turn.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:28 PM

His check-minraise on the flop screams strength to me. I find it likely that he called in the SB with 22/33, possibly even 88, for set equity - and he hit. The flop is so dry that he can get away with min-raising without being afraid of any draws.

IMHO you have to call the flop. But it leaves him pretty pot committed for the turn, and I think he was trying to check-raise you there. Unless you know that villain can make these plays with anything but a set I think it's a very marginal fold.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:46 PM

Yeah these spots suck hard. I had a guy (22/10) yesterday min raise me with eights on a seven high board i called with JJ turn went i check he bet 1/2 pot i called, river put four to a straight i check folded.

I still don't know what to do, i guess feel him out on the flop and fold later if he keeps firing. it sucks when they minraise and are capable of thinking, which maybe means i should start minraising.

Suppose dumping the flop is aight so long as you don't make it a habit with the same guy.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:13 PM

Just to tell you, I may take villain's line with a set.
Let's recap here, so you raised pf, and got two callers. SB is first to act and checks into two people behind (I would so do this with a set especially cause I'm expecting a cbet from the pf raiser) and you bet and CO folds. Now he check raises you. Two main reasons I see for check raising, is to fold the opponent or to trap one of their bets. He check, min-raised you here, imo doesn't look like he wants you to fold here. Possibly checked turn to hope you think he was bluffing and shoves riv for value. That's one scenario. Hard to say without a read though because he could've also done this with something like top pair on flop and picked up two pair along the way. The board is so dry here, there is like one measly draw here so I'm pretty scared on the flop. Another possibility is a weirdly played 99, TT, JJ. I have had people minraise me on this kind of flop with such hands but not check minraise so I'm not sure.

OMG, I'm uncertain here. I dun wanna shove flop because we are folding out bluffs and getting called by some pretty ownage hands but i guess you'd lose to half hands that call (win JJ, TT, 99, lose 88, 33, 22) and possibly win against top pair. Ack maybe shove flop if you have a bad image. Otherwise I might take your line. *sniff*
Old 03-27-2007, 11:21 PM

I find it unlikely that he plays 99-JJ so conservative preflop (calling) and then playing them like the nuts on following streets.

He could definitely also be bluffing here of overplaying something like A8s. You check behind him when the K hits so he might think you're afraid of it. He could put you on exactly what you have, a pocket pair 99-QQ, but his bluff to get you off your hand is one street delayed as he is first to act.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:35 PM

I would say a typical 100nl villain taking this line has a range of about 22, 33, 88-JJ, A8, occasionally something wacky like T8s. Even if we take the wacky stuff out of his range and A8s so he only does with a set or an overpair (which are probably the hands he calls a flop 3-bet ai with), we're 64% to win. Unless I'm way off about something here, I like to 3-bet ai on the flop.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say a typical 100nl villain taking this line has a range of about 22, 33, 88-JJ, A8, occasionally something wacky like T8s. Even if we take the wacky stuff out of his range and A8s so he only does with a set or an overpair (which are probably the hands he calls a flop 3-bet ai with), we're 64% to win. Unless I'm way off about something here, I like to 3-bet ai on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you're way off unless you know this guy likes to f*** with PFR's. I think reraising allin is a horrible play on this dry a flop.

You're only getting called by monsters, and you're even giving all the chance in the world for decent overpairs to fold TT/99.

What do you think they'll think you have when you make this move? A bigger overpair.

I don't agree with Jay that you can fold to the flop mincheckraise. As has been mentioned this would be super exploitable. And lately I've seen plenty of bad players do this all day with top pair "to see where they're at". Particularly when they're not full stacks.

But you can fold on the River to that size bet all day (even if he is allin).