Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $42.40
BB: $20

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $9.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $41.9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in $11</font>.
Uncalled bets: $21.4 returned to Hero.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($42, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $42)

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($42, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $42)

Results:
Final pot: $42

Comments?
Old 03-27-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: 50NL 2handed Q6o on button?

Seems good to me, I don't think you have to worry about jacks on the flop since he didn't raise pf. If he just sat down I think he woulda raised with those instead of tryin to be tricky so early.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:13 PM

Result: He shows QsJc

I though I played the hand correctly....Would any of u justify the call from me in the SB, Raise or fold better preflop?

Interested to here some of your opinions of the flop play raise/reraise/reraise etc?
Old 03-29-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Result: He shows QsJc

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that poker is not results oriented. You played the hand fine just ran into a cooler.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:25 PM

IMO pot odds are over rated. Why did you call pre-flop? Remember, you can have anything, but so can he. You have put yourself in a very bad positon. As played, call raise, call down. He has set or top 2 here most of the time.
Sorry just saw results. Bad Luck
Old 03-29-2007, 01:34 PM

I dont think you played it well but i dont think you played it badly. Even if there was no push on the flop it was invetable by the turn.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:36 PM

Thanks for the input guys!
Old 03-29-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO pot odds are over rated. Why did you call pre-flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's heads-up. In heads-up play the rules are quite different, and hand values are SIGNIFICANTLY different. Q6s is a better-than-average hand, and hero will have position for the rest of the hand. This is not the time to fold. In fact, your VPIP from the small blind in heads-up play should be something in the neighborhood of 80%-100%, depending on relative abilities and your opponent's aggressiveness preflop. (The better you are relative to your opponent, and the less aggressive your opponent is preflop, the more hands you should play -- this is up to and including every hand you're dealt.)

[ QUOTE ]

Remember, you can have anything, but so can he. You have put yourself in a very bad positon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this is the best reason of them all to call -- with position postflop, it's nice for your opponent to get absolutely no read from your preflop action. Some players like to run 100/0 VPIP/PFR in heads-up matches from the small blind, and against the right opponents this could be optimal play. As I said, heads-up play is just plain different.

[ QUOTE ]

As played, call raise, call down. He has set or top 2 here most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain's raise does NOT mean a set or top two. It means he's got something. Villain could have J2 or 99 or AA or KT or [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or any other weak-looking hand. Villain could also have pure air, hoping that hero folds. Drawing a conclusion like "in a heads-up match a check-minraise from a total unknown after a flop minbet from the player with position usually means top two or better" is dangerously and expensively wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry just saw results. Bad Luck

[/ QUOTE ]

...and irrelevant. In the future, don't post results. If you MUST post results, wait a few days so that the discussion can die down a bit. Results skew advice heavily, and that's harmful. What happened in this case is not relevant; what happens in the general case is more useful.

I go broke in this hand, but not on the flop. I think I smooth-call his four-bet and call his turn push (or push it myself). I'm not the least bit concerned about losing all my money to boat-over-boat in a heads-up match, and when it happens (almost never), I rebuy and keep going.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:39 PM

i dont know if i would push this at the flop. I give him 2pair/set or flushdraw + TP. I call the flop after the raise and push after a blank at turn.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:42 PM

Hero has position???? You need to re-read OP.