Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 01:43 PM

Default .50/1 big slick gets a K on river?

Just wondering if you guys would suggest rasing or just calling here? Also should I have bet the turn?

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $20.25
UTG+1: $18.30
UTG+2: $16.55
MP1: $16.35
MP2: $13.30
MP3: $20.95
hero: $12.05
Button: $21.65
SB: $19.70
BB: $45.65

Pre-flop: (10 players) hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls <font color="aaaaaa">(1.5:1)</font>, 2 folds, MP1 calls <font color="aaaaaa">(2.5:1)</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls <font color="aaaaaa">(5.5:1)</font>, MP1 calls <font color="aaaaaa">(6.5:1)</font>.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 3 players)
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, UTG calls <font color="aaaaaa">(8.5:1)</font>, MP1 calls <font color="aaaaaa">(9.5:1)</font>.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.25BB, 3 players)
UTG checks, MP1 checks, hero checks.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.25BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, hero ?
Old 03-27-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: .50/1 big slick gets a K on river?

Did you have any reads? It seems to me a lot of players at this level with call with just about anything on the flop but then fold to a turn bet. If there's a chance these guys have this tendency, b/f turn sounds good.

I probably just call on the river. Maybe that's really weak? While we did show weakness with our turn check, the K should still be a scare card for someone thinking about betting into a PFR. He might have been planning to check/raise the turn, or could easily have picked up a second pair or a straight on the river. If I raised I couldn't fold to a 3-bet so I probably just call.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:19 PM

I'd just call the river given how passive UTG has been up to this point. On the turn 3 way I like the check behind to take the free card.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:26 PM

I expect your hand to be good pretty often, but it really depends on how UTG plays. I'd raise with the right read, especially if MP1 called. If I thought the guy had a clue I'd just call it.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:00 PM

Don't bet the turn. The QJ combo on the board plus the two callers means that someone is likely to have paired up on the flop.

I want to value-raise the river because you get paid off by Qx/Jx a bunch. However, depending on UTG's tightness, he is also pretty likely to have a two pair holding (KJ) and I don't think I can find myself to folding to a 3-bet.

I'd raise if UTG is really loose or aggro and just call otherwise.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:05 PM

say, how about some reads?

i would bet the turn. you might have the best hand on this drawy board. you might get someone to lay down a better hand (7x or a PP or maybe sometimes Jx). you have 3 outs to the pure nuts, and several more outs to a strong hand. you will often get a free showdown if you want it.

gosh, the river is close. this could easily be Qx or Jx that decided he had the best hand after you checked the turn. however, there are also a lot of two pair possibilities available on this board, especially for passive limpers. i think i just call.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I can find myself to folding to a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? i can. villain doesn't look like a maniac, and i can't think of any hands that we beat that could even contemplate a 3bet here.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:10 PM

I think I like a turn check, but I'm going to keep thinking about it today. I could see betting, but since you missed your BDFD and the drawy nature of the board, I certainly don't mind checking since you'll likely get called in one or both spots.

I just call the river. I don't see him paying off a raise with many hands that we beat, and he'll probably 3-town with a better hand.

Ah, I love being in position.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:31 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I raise, you're probably ahead and I doubt he 3-bangs you unless he really has something.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise, you're probably ahead and I doubt he 3-bangs you unless he really has something.

[/ QUOTE ]

But does he call if behind?

I think we could all guess we're almost miles ahead here, but would this villian call a raise on the river with a hand that we beat?

I would bet not, but that's just me.