Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 02:06 AM

Default 40 Hand

40-80 game. I have 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and limp two off the button after three callers. The button, a solid player, calls and the BB calls. Six of us to the flop for one bet.

The flop comes 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BB checks, the first limper, a loose/bad player who sometimes makes weird bets for whatever reason, bets. It's folded to me and I raise. The solid player on the button now three bets and the limper calls two cold after hesitating for a second or two. I call.

The turn brings the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The limper checks, I bet and the pro folds after some contemplation.

The river comes the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The limper now fires a bet and I call. Thoughts?

Jeff
Old 03-27-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Re: 40 Hand

sure.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:48 AM

Old 03-27-2007, 05:45 AM

I raise preflop and probably cap the flop and lead turn if solid guy can ever fold a hand. If not I play it like you but I really think raising preflop to buy the button is useful here.

Also CSC that picture works in every thread!

-DeathDonkey
Old 03-27-2007, 06:15 AM

Which street were you worried about? Seems pretty good/standard. Obviously there were other ways to go about it but this way works well I think.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:44 AM

Preflop I raise to hopefully get the button, if not then we still have a big multiway pot brewing with a hand that likes multiway pots, I know a lot of people don't raise this hand in this spot though. Flop is exactly what I'd do. Turn I think is actually the only arguable street. I don't know what we're value betting turn against, I guess if we're behind to the button without a spade and he raises the retard off some spade then it gives us some more outs. I think I just c/c turn. River is a pretty easy fold against a ton of live players but you can't against the guy as described.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:55 AM

I play it the same. I hate with an extra special loathing that river card though.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also CSC that picture works in every thread!

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't it though?
Old 03-27-2007, 04:28 PM

I'm happy to see responses for raising preflop. I almost started another thread just for this topic. Do we still raise if there is one less limper? What other factors do we need to consider? are we raising 78s here?
Old 03-27-2007, 04:37 PM

I understand the pot is bloated by the Rio, but is anyone looking into a fold here? I guess given read, i would call and take a solid note on the play, but I really think we see A7,a3,a8 here quite a bit...