Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Flopped top 2 against big LAG

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($25.65)
Button ($54.25)
SB ($25)
BB ($34.10)
UTG ($25)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, Button calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button folds, BB calls $1.25.

Turn: ($6.35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $7</font>, Hero calls $3.50.

River: ($20.35) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $24.35 (All-In)</font>, Hero ???

Any comments on the hand in general, any street wanted.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Flopped top 2 against big LAG

Raise more on the flop, and shove the turn after his minraise. Also raise 4x if you're gonna raise, folding A8o definitely isn't bad here though. It'll leave you in a lot of trouble vs a LAG when you have to make thin calls.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:30 AM

Definitely raise more preflop. Do you have any kind of read on him? If hes tight he may have hit a set, though i think he would have c/r or called than c/r on turn. You should have raised the pot on flop. A lot of LAGs like to lead with small bets on draws, but will fold to such a bet. The river bet depends soley on what kind of player he is. Is he ballsy enough to bet a a missed flush draw? I think he caught his open-ended straight draw.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:31 AM

I agree with raising more on the flop; since the BB's bet puts the pot at $3.1, a raise to $3 seems good.

Edit: I also agree with raising more PF. Most of the better players advocate 3.5-4xBB first-in.

The problem with the turn is that a min-raise from avg. opponents typically indicates very good strength but since opp is LAG, your estimate of his range is clouded. A question you have to ask yourself there is: if I call this min-raise, what will I do on the river when the situation most likely won't improve and may even get worse?

That thought in mind, I think you should push the turn or fold it.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with the turn is that a min-raise from avg. opponents typically indicates very good strength

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. In most cases it means they are on a draw and you need to bet 3/4 to the full pot, giving them horrible odds to call.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:58 AM

is he a good lag? bad lag? smart lag? retard what?

id call this on the river though
Old 03-27-2007, 03:06 AM

You should probably make it x4 always if you're going to raise, but x3 is ok too I guess. You can steal with A8o but as it was pointed out folding is ok too, against LAG it will be though to play if he decides to play back. Rise more on the flop, especially when there's a guy behind who might be drawing. On the turn I really don't mind the call if you plan on calling his river bet the majority of the time, you described him as a big LAG and I really don't think he has you beat at any point in the hand so I don't mind giving him more rope, probably turned 2 pair at best or missed his draws but it wouldn't surprise me if he turned over some random crap.