Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2006, 06:45 AM

Default ATo line/KK river

villain is feedmyb0ng. probably a 2+2er. solid, and a huge winner in my databse.

Anyways, 6 handed 100/200.

He opens in the CO, I 3bet ATo (ten of spades) in the BB, he calls.

Flop QQ7 2 spades.
I bet, he thinks for a while and calls.

Turn Jo
I check, he thinks for a second and bets, I call

River 9s
I check, he bets, I fold

Standard?

Hand 2

I have KK in the BB

folded to villain who is PokerMike (a v good player who ive rarely played with) here who raises, I 3bet, he calls

Flop 653 r
Check bet call

Turn T club putting 2 clubs on
he checks, I bet, he raises, I 3bet, he caps

River 7
he checks
Old 02-14-2006, 06:49 AM

Default Re: ATo line

i like the turn check, i think you should call the river

my notes on feedmybong:

"goes for a trifecta with KJ high on an ace high board, bluff raises an ace on the turn, checks behind when he flops top pair with AK after 3-betting PF, 3-bets 57s"

im pretty sure hes a 2+2 lurker because i think i remember him talking to steveg one time about 2+2, but it could have been someone else

edit: hand two, i dont know the player, but i think you might be able to bet/fold, but checking behind might be better, i dont know

would he do this with a flush draw?

you say hes good so im guessing he dosent pay off with A high or some little piece

would he ever cap the turn and c/r the river with something that you could beat?

im thinking it might be a check, but i really dont know
Old 02-14-2006, 07:36 AM

while im in this thread. Whats the deal with kbh04? derb-wannabe?

Hand 1:
My first reaction is CALL, but a lot of the hands he's raising in CO with have hit and it doesnt seem likely he bets an unimproved ace on the river into what looks to be a split pot if thats the case. Id probably grumble and fold.

hand2:
The cap-check is really strange.
situation 1: he went crazy on air or on a flushdraw or a hand that you otherwise beat. If thats the case, if he crs river and you call, you get an extra 2 bets when ahead and lose 2 more when behind. If you fold its still 1 for 1, but you might be folding the winner.

situation 2: You called his cap, he figures you beat him. He's either check folding or check calling. Checkf-oldd with a busted draw, you gain nothing from that bet. Ive never seen cap... check-call outside of a strange circumstnce where one person has a flush/straight and then the board pairs to make a house in an obvious way. This doesnt seem liek the case here.

In my experience, on baords like this, whenever ive been capped and then on the river I get zealous in the actoin and bet my over-pp, and get c'red it sucks a lot. I end up calling it and losing to a monster. I should know that he knows what I have, and he says that he can do better. I'm usually only making money off bluff-stations at that point.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that dude is insane
Old 02-14-2006, 07:52 AM

Default Re: ATo line/KK river

I am not one to shy away from the hunt for thin value. That said, this river is not a place I want to look. Any villain hand that is worth a call would be better off betting. Any hand that is not worth a call may think a river c/r is his only shot at winning.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:53 AM

in the first hand he should be able to put you on acehigh.

in the second hand he should be able to put you on an overpair.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:21 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that dude is insane

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate commenting on players, but yeah, I just thought he was after me. Hes nuts.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:45 PM

Hand 1:

He could be bluffing a lesser ace knowing that you probably have AK and would likely fold to a river bet, but it's not likely and the pot isn't huge, so I think a river fold is correct. There's really not much you are ahead of at this point, although knowing what kind of hand he'd just call the that kind of flop with is valuable information. Not quite valuable enough for me to waste 1 BB here, but it's worth something.

Hand 2:

Check, he probably has a monster. Occasionally he'll have a missed draw and check-fold. Either way, I don't see a bet having value at all unless he's going for a bluff river c/r.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:33 PM

eh i wish you hadn't posted that hand, it was one of those wierd hands where i thought you'd noticed how tight i'd been playing and thought i could make you fold a hand with air(luckily i ran into kings).

Assuming i actually had a hand and not air, i think the bet on the river is kinda thin. Not sure i cap with QQ/JJ against you since we haven't played that much yet.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming i actually had a hand and not air, i think the bet on the river is kinda thin. Not sure i cap with QQ/JJ against you since we haven't played that much yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but if you actually had a hand you would check the river 0% of the time right?