Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 05:15 PM

Default JJ rr\'d pot

Villian is a 21/11/3.6 after 109 hands.

Only history so far is he 1/2 pot donked me on a K K 3 flop (i was pfr) with 22 and shutdown after I called the flop donk.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BTN: $64.60
Hero (SB): $49.25
BB: $25.6
UTG: $48.40
MP: $45.45
CO: $88.45

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG calls $0.50, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.45</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.25</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, CO calls $3.80

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($11.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8.50</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $17</font>, Hero ??
Old 03-25-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: JJ rr\'d pot

The board is dry. He probably would have reraised with AA, KK preflop. So I like to put him on 77-TT and push. I don't like calling because of the large number of overcards and you are playing for stacks if you call here and you are oop. And I hate folding to minraises. Villain's stats are pretty nitty for preflop raises. I don't think he open raises with every PP and has a set here.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:42 PM

He might have a set, but his overpair range is much wider. He might easily have QQ here tho. I think you know the villain is willing to felt it here as his minraise probably commits him and do you think he would felt w/ 99? if not then you could be in bad shape..

Alot of times this is a good spot for a CRAI, as you can rep AK and get him to pay you off w/ the likes of 77-TT. Unless your C-bet is really really high.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:43 PM

He could easily have QQ or KK or a set here. With 11% PFR he probably does raise most if not all pocket pairs (in my opinion). I think it's a tough spot and I probably think I am behind after that minraise on the flop.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:18 PM

Given that the flop is so low, he could think that his 88-TT is good versus your broadway, so you could probably push profitably here.

Bear in mind that this is a very hard spot to play perfectly and I think its too close to call between a push and a fold.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:05 PM
 is offline

I fold, and I agree with Stake Monster that given his stats he most likely is betting most pocket pairs. I think is is one of those situation when your WAWB.