Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 05:07 PM

Default float, fold or raise?

In retrospect I think this is a 3b pf, but at the time I thought his raising range was small enough to justify just calling for set odds. Also, villian is not SUPER aggro postflop, so I figured that was more of a reason to just call pf. let's more or less ignore pf plz thnx.

villian is a 16.4 / 10 / 2 after 490 hands. His c-bet % is in the mid-80s. THe only note I have on him was from an earlier session where he raised in MP with KK, c-bet the flop and checked called the next 2 streets on a pretty dry-ish board.

A few rounds ago I got stacked after getting KK in against JJ on a 9-hi board and villian luckboxed a J on the river (all the monies went in on the flop)... so not sure if that has effected my table image or not. Different villian in that hand though.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $51.15
MP: $50
CO: $50
BTN: $245.65
SB: $86.25
Hero (BB): $50.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2</font>, BTN folds, SB folds, Hero calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($4.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $3</font>, Hero??
Old 03-25-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: float, fold or raise?

Hm. considering the reads you provided you can raise here to take the pot but if he calls, give up on the hand, because of reversed implied odds.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:24 PM

I probably do all 3, but fold msotly then raise if I think he'll fold alot PPs, call if he likely will c/fold turn. I'm struggling to come up with a definitive answer -these are so read/image based[ although OP u have given this info].

From what u say I think he'll check turn a fair bit[based on the KK hand] so call and go from there. I think you're get a cheap showdown - but overcards and flush cards may fall that u may be able to bluff/may hit his range and force you to check it down/fold.

[ QUOTE ]

In retrospect I think this is a 3b pf, but at the time I thought his raising range was small enough to justify just calling for set odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

My pfr is ~ 10-12, but I PFR and 3bet I wide range some % of the time and since I raise more in late position - your implied odds are worse - check his ATT to steal and if he's positionally aware - I guess he is so 3bet him sometimes if he's not too tricky . I think it's slim +EV Calling preflop and c/folding UI OOP, than doing something else.
I'll end rambling [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2007, 05:32 PM

PF I can fold, call or raise depending on the table, I don't think it's a huge deal.

I don't think that I like a flop check/raise if the villain is good, just because he can 3bet you off of almost all your holdings. You're reraising QQ-AA at least preflop so he knows you can't have those, and since he can have big pairs you really can't call with any of your range if he 3bets the flop. (Except 88 obv)

If you call the flop with the intention of floating, what's your turn line, donk or check/raise? The reason that I don't really like floating is that he's cbetting with overcards a ridiculous % of the time, and any card 9-A on the turn could hit his range. Call flop donk turn sounds OK as it might even get him to fold something like QJ if the turn comes a J.

Have you considered donking the flop? If you're villain and you get donked into, what do you do with overcards, low pocket pairs, and 77-TT? It would kinda jam him up and make him fold a lot of his range, which is pretty much what you want. I dunno though, I almost never donkbet.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:37 PM

i dont really like floating OOP, but because most people know that floating OOP is bad i will do it because i can use it to make plays, like stop and gos or just pick off a check behind on hte turn.

here i like to raise because its likely we have the best hand. esp sicne his cbet is so high hes usually leading any flop in heads up pots. if we get reraised its an obv fold but raising here seems to be best IMO