Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 02:48 PM

Default River decision against a rock

over 50 hands on the HUD 12%VPIP, 5% PFR, had been to showdown 5-times and won them all.

Also actually seemed to play like a rock, usually folding the flop, I think everytime he went past the flop, he went to showdown.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

SB ($73.90)
Hero ($58.40)
UTG ($51.60)
MP ($38.25)
Button ($40.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, 2.
[color=#666666]1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2) 2, 7, 2 [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
SB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets $1</font>, [color=#CC3333]MP raises to $2</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls $1.

Turn: ($6) K [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]MP bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

River: ($12) Q [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $4</font>, [color=#CC3333]MP raises to $32.75</font>, Hero...
Old 03-25-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Re: River decision against a rock

50 hands isnt enough to make stat based decisions on. i think i pucke and call here. hes def not a good player given his flop minraise and river overbet. i dont understand your river bet though, if its a block go at least half pot. im not folding to his push though.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:11 PM

i dont like the size of you bets. betting 1/2 pot on the flop and 1/3 is not big enough. If you dont want to call an all in then chekc and call his bet (i think he would bet 1/2 pot to pot size).
Old 03-25-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
50 hands isnt enough to make stat based decisions on. i think i pucke and call here. hes def not a good player given his flop minraise and river overbet. i dont understand your river bet though, if its a block go at least half pot. im not folding to his push though.

[/ QUOTE ]

50 hands is what I have though, if over those 50 hands he had a VPIP of 80% and went to showdown 60% of the time... that would be actionable information.

So I also think the fact he has only VPIPd 12% of the time is a fair indicator of tightness, I realise that his normal range could be in the 20-25%... but it is probably not 40-60%VPIP. Also his PFR of 5% is also noteable. So after 50 hands, even though I do not have his every nuance nailed down... I can conclude that he is likely a tight player who does not raise a lot PF... and his post flop play this session had been rockish.

I can take or leave my river bet, maybe half the pot would have been better, but a third of the pot into him, after calling his flop raise and turn bet, I thought should have been enough where he would still call with worse hands, but probably would not raise them.

I ask you to give me a hand range, maybe on the flop he could have something like 88-TT, but after having 2 overcards fall on the turn and river, he is not going to be pushing the river. So what hands would you expect to see from him at showdown?
Old 03-25-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont like the size of you bets. betting 1/2 pot on the flop and 1/3 is not big enough. If you dont want to call an all in then chekc and call his bet (i think he would bet 1/2 pot to pot size).

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.

Although I would disagree on the flop bet. Because there is really not alot for folks to call with. Also if I was stealing this would be the bet size I would use.

As for check calling the river, that is fine. But what hand range are ou expecting to see here?
Old 03-25-2007, 05:48 PM

I fold on the river. He wouldn't have raised you on the flop without hitting it (from my experience with those types of players), it looks like he was trying to milk the pot.

I think you are behind most of the time here, unless he is really bad. He could easily have A2, or even pocket 7s, or a better 2 than yours, or at the extreme a slowplayed KK/QQ?. Perhaps I give him too much credit, but I doubt he'd pull a move like that without him having the nuts.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold on the river. He wouldn't have raised you on the flop without hitting it (from my experience with those types of players), it looks like he was trying to milk the pot.

I think you are behind most of the time here, unless he is really bad. He could easily have A2, or even pocket 7s, or a better 2 than yours, or at the extreme a slowplayed KK/QQ?. Perhaps I give him too much credit, but I doubt he'd pull a move like that without him having the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is kind of where I am at. Unless he is running multi-street bluff. I read his flop raise as "I have a good hand, please don't fold.", the turn bet was standard, then me leading the river and him pushing I kind of heard "Good you like your hand and probably want to showdown, let get all my chips in first!."

Anyway I thought the hand was interesting and am wondering what people who want to call expect him to have?
Old 03-25-2007, 06:14 PM

i have no idea where to begin to put him. i doubt he has a 2 in his hand. KQ seems about right. if he has 77 i probably drop a stack to him. KK-QQ are out of the question IMO. if he has 77 though the hand doesnt make sense because would he not try to get value from you, instead of a huge overbet on the river???
Old 03-25-2007, 07:01 PM

I'm expecting (and getting) KQ, anything else this guy is a moron and I'm stackign him down the line somewhere as he slowplays another massive hand and whines when it loses.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm expecting (and getting) KQ, anything else this guy is a moron and I'm stackign him down the line somewhere as he slowplays another massive hand and whines when it loses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to be sarcastic; but you feel it is more likely that the rock-like player did an overcard semi-bluff on the flop and then hit a perfect-perfect two-pair and is ready to stack off on the paired board; then it is he simply limped in with 77 or A2 and is simply playing a strong hand?