Old 03-25-2007, 12:00 PM

Default NL 100: He bets into me on same-suit board - I have 2 pair

No read on villain

Stacks:
Villain ($152)
Hero ($102)
BB ($54)

Ladbrokes 4-handed

Villain calls $1 Hero (7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) raises to $4, SB calls, BB calls, Villain calls.

Flop (4 handed - pot $16)

5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain bets $16, Hero??

What to do? Does he really play a flush draw this way? If I raise I'm pretty much committing all my stack. Calling can't be right, and folding just seems too weak. Help please . . .
Old 03-25-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: NL 100: He bets into me on same-suit board - I have 2 pair

I would just raise to 50 and call a push here or maybe even just str8 up push. Sets are less likely because of your blockers so I'm pretty happy to get it in.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:26 PM

Raise to $4.50 or $5 pf.
Wow, I'm not sure.
I almost don't mind pushing in this spot. His line looks like an overpair, 2 pr(not 78 obv), set(55 is the only likely one) or flopped straight. I don't think he plays a flush this way 3handed, unless it's a small flush.
Crap, I think you should raise to 40 and fold to a 4bet allin the more I think about it.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:29 PM

I like raising and folding to a push (depending on your reads of the villain).
Old 03-25-2007, 12:36 PM

The problem here is that the lone A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] has 30-odd % equity against you all by itself. If he has any diamond + pair or 4/6/9, he's better than even money against you. IMO, it's either push and hope he doesn't have the stomach to stay with you on a coin flip, or fold. There are too many scare cards to consider calling: any [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4/6/9/5, etc.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Crap, I think you should raise to 40 and fold to a 4bet allin the more I think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. Surely any straight draw/flush draw is playing for stacks once I raise to $40. Also, I'm pretty much pot committed once I make the raise. Eg, say he pushes. I'd be getting 2:1 and against his range, surely I cannot fold.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem here is that the lone A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] has 30-odd % equity against you all by itself. If he has any diamond + pair or 4/6/9, he's better than even money against you. IMO, it's either push and hope he doesn't have the stomach to stay with you on a coin flip, or fold. There are too many scare cards to consider calling: any [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4/6/9/5, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think this is the point. Despite the fact I have 2 pair, I think I'm only about 50% likely to win this hand once villain leads out. There's four people in the pot, and his bet shows a good deal of strength IMO. Anyone else advocate a fold?
Old 03-25-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No read on villain

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the whole problem. psb with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] against 2 opponents possible?

you are coinflipping him, so whether you push or not depends on other factors. He might fold, so a push seems good. How likely is that? (read). There is 1 guy behind you. that does make a difference. The BB might have the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and decide to jump on...
Old 03-25-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. Surely any straight draw/flush draw is playing for stacks once I raise to $40. Also, I'm pretty much pot committed once I make the raise. Eg, say he pushes. I'd be getting 2:1 and against his range, surely I cannot fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he's pushing a draw here? personally, I think your crushed if he 4bets allin here. I don't think getting 2:1 matters in this situation.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he's pushing a draw here? personally, I think your crushed if he 4bets allin here. I don't think getting 2:1 matters in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disregard this. I didnt think about overpair w/ diamond here.