Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 09:35 AM

Default QQ - 3handed - set at turn but drawheavy board

Hey, what do you think about that hand? Bother players are loose players that's why I cont betted that flop.

Turn was imho a good card .. or not?

I didnt like to bet because I was sure I just get a fold so I tried to crai (I was pretty sure he will bet with any cards)

or is this hand heavily overplayed? oO dont like it anymore.. lol

MP2 (100)
BB (199.75)
MP3 (84.15)
BU (94.75)
SB (10.74)
CO (20)
</pre><hr />
0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em <font color="blue">(6 handed)</font>
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.00.
<font color="red">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, MP3 calls $5.00, CO calls $4.00, <font color="grey">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($16.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, MP3 calls $15.00, <font color="grey">CO folds</font>.

Turn: ($46.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP3 bets $25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $80.00 (All-In)</font>, <font color="red">MP3 raises to $64.15 (All-In)</font>.

River: ($190.65) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Final Pot: $190.65
Old 03-25-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: QQ - 3handed - set at turn but drawheavy board

Oh hell no. Hes not calling that c/r with 2 pair or something else that you beat.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:05 AM

yeah, hate that hand when I look back at it but what to do with it? I feel a little lost with that hand.

- If I bet and he calls can I really fold to his river bet?
- If I bet and he raises can I believe him that he drawed to a gutshot?
- If I c/c the turn and he shoves river can I fold?

Is it a shame to lose a stack in that hand?
Old 03-25-2007, 01:50 PM

i wouldn't have cbet if i was you. You're oop against 2 loose players on a draw heavy board. So basically you're gna be making a bigger pot but not have any idea what you're up against. Personally i'd check call the flop and then make a decision on the turn. The way you've played it i would call the turn bet and then check/fold unless you fill up. Don't think villain is betting anything you can beat. If he had 2 pair or set you woulda got raised on the flop and i don't think hes shoving the turn with anything less than a straight
Old 03-25-2007, 02:52 PM

I think the flop c bet is okay. You need to find out where you are -b/f seems the obvious approach.

You're in a horrible position on the turn. I think it's hard to fold your set - even though villain may have obvious straight.

If you lead on the turn, are you really prepared to fold to a raise? I don't think so.

IMO the best line is to c/c on the turn and pray that he puts in another small bet/or checks on the river. Another advantage to this line is if you do fill up chances are you'll stack him.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:27 PM

I agree you need to find out where you are but the flop isnt the place to do it oop on this board against these players.

IMO the cbet is horrible for the following reason:

The hands that you will get at least called by on this flop:
A-A, K-K, Q-Q, J-J, 10-10, 9-9, A-K, K-Q, K-J, K-10, Q-J, J-10, 10-8 plus any flush draws.

As you can see there's so many hands that will be calling your cbet that you're gna have no idea where u are and all you'll know is that the pot is bigger.

I'd check call the flop and reevaluate on the turn.