Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 10:07 PM

Default 55 HU against PF aggressor...

Villain in this hand is pretty good and aggressive, maybe too aggressive sometimes. I'd say he's probably an average 2+2er, but may lack a little discipline (as do we all...). I'm not sure what he thinks of me, probably that I'm decent, but I really don't know if he thinks he needs to defer to my aggression or if I'm weak-tight. I think he thinks he can push me around, but that's more of an impression of how he responds to most aggression rather than me specifically. I've probably played 6-10 hours with him over a couple months in total.

Live 6/12, 8 handed - I limp red 55 UTG (table had been pretty loose previously and tightened up some before this). One MP caller, Villain raises on the button, BB calls.

4 to the flop for 8SB.
Flop: 864r - I'm pretty sure I'm ahead of villain's range here 7:3 and plan to check-raise the flop if BB folds to Buttons c/b to get it HU.
Everything goes according to plan, checked to Villain who bets, BB folds, I raise, MP folds, Villain 3-bets...

I'm not convinced he's got much here and I'm pretty confident I want to see a showdown, what is the best line to get there?

-d
Old 03-24-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Re: 55 HU against PF aggressor...

If he's the type to 3 bet AK, I'm probably calling and donking most safe turns. If he'll keep betting the turn with just overs, I may call the turn and b/f a safe river. If we actually make our hand, it would depend on how he plays after the flop. If he'll fold to a donk on the turn but bet it himself, I'd probably go for the c/r. If he'd probably fold to the c/r, I may c/c and donk the river.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not convinced he's got much here and I'm pretty confident I want to see a showdown, what is the best line to get there?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you must see a showdown take the cheapest way to get there.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c/c, c/c.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:01 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Call and try to stare into his soul. No need to take any more aggressive action if you get there. Just decide on later streets.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:21 PM

Anyway, turn is a 9, putting a FD out there, check-check.

River is a non-flushing K, check-check.

goot? I hated giving a free card and was wondering what some other players might do here. I hated donking the turn because I didn't want to lay down to a raise.

-d
Old 03-25-2007, 05:34 PM

The problem with this spot is that your hand is pretty face up. If you had a set you would probably bet it. And when solid players limp UTG I feel like they have pairs 90% of the time.

That said, he could be raising w/ overs in which case I like a c/c on every street. The problem is that depending on what the flop and turn are, its a tough call when broadways hit.

On this board, I feel like he either has an overpair or overs. Would he raise 88 pf? Is there a fd out that he could have?
Old 03-25-2007, 09:16 PM

Yes, he'd raise 88 pf, along with ATo+ KJs+ 77+ and maybe hands like QTs or JTs. I'd have c/c'd at least the flop and re-evaluated if there wasn't a MP player between us on the flop.

-d
Old 03-25-2007, 10:23 PM

At the risk of sounding too passive, check call to a show down , unless you think he wouldn't raise on the button with a mid-PP, if so cap it and lead the turn. More aggressive manner may be spewing here, that's why I like check call.