UTG (t1430)
UTG+1 (t3620)
MP1 (t1960)
MP2 (t1330)
CO (t1580)
Button (t1140)
Hero (t1470)
BB (t970)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to t120</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t360</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, CO calls t240

Flop: (t765) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (t765) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: (t765) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets t180</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

2. I doubled up thru UTG w/ K9vsJ4 on a K94J board (he called my psb on flop w/ the 4). BB is unknown.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1445)
Hero (t1900)
CO (t4230)
Button (t1530)
SB (t1180)
BB (t3215)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls t100, <font color="red">Hero raises to t360</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, BB calls t260, UTG calls t260

Flop: (t1130) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">BB bets t100</font>, <font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to t1100</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font> [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Re: $16: Should I just fold AK pf?

1. I call/fold if whiff

2. I push preflop
Old 03-24-2007, 09:41 PM

1)Just call pf instead of bloating the pot OOP with a hand you'll miss 2/3 of the time on the flop anyways.

2)I like pf. On the flop I'd prolly just fold to BB's donk lead.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:37 AM

In 1, co could easily be stealing. C bet the flop, representing an overpair. If you get raised, fold, if called, then shut down.

Problem is by checking twice, (and the third time on the river), you are begging to be stolen from.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:48 AM

hand 1 just call pf
hand 2 theres 250 in the pot i just like shoving there pf.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:59 AM

Hand 1: I like calling preflop because bad position and then depending on the read you have on villain in CO choose betweeen a) continuation bet 3/4 pot or pot b) its early, may have no read on villain &amp; pot is not all that big check/fold the flop (I prefer b)

Hand 2: Push preflop maybe A rag limper UTG calls. Even if he calls off his chips with 22-99 you have 500 chips to try to double with and come back if you lose the hand. My guess is UTG and BB fold to a push preflop. Given the way you have played it preflop, just muck after the missed flop to this guy.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:43 AM

1. I like a continuation bet on the flop.. he's either got a worse A or a medium pair, but you've shown lots of strength pf so it will be difficult for him to call or raise unless he's fairly confident here, and it's unlikely this board helped him.

2.These guys seem pretty loose; so I guess the push pf is justified. On a solid table I like how you played it.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. I call/fold if whiff

2. I push preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

yep.

With #1 play it like Curtains advises. OOP facing a raise, don't bloat the pot, and you're too deep to shove here.

With #2 you have 19x BB and there's a limper before you, just shove it all-in. I can see the sense in open-raising 3x here with 19x, but you gotta shove after a limper (and open-shoving for 19x is still g00t anyways).
Old 03-27-2007, 02:07 PM

I reraise hand 1, your opponent raised from a steal position. Actually in my article I suspect that I suggest reraising against steals [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Don't attribute calling to me here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The rest of the hand seems fine. Sometimes they will simply fold preflop. Sometimes they will call, but that doesn't mean you will win everytime. Sometimes the flop will be super ugly and you'll just have to eat the loss. It's annoying I know, but not much you can do about it. I do believe this is a clear reraise however when facing a CO open raise.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:21 PM

Ok this must be a significant leak for me here in hand 2. With 19xBB I am not considering shoving my stack. Why is push &gt; raising 4-5 x BB?

Thanks for the replies,