Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 02:53 PM

Default $10NL 6Max - has TPTK any uses at all?

Very short session. I had maybe 20 hands on villain, so I can't tell you much here, stats are 36/12/2 - if they even matter with such a small sample size. As for my own image, I haven't been calling a lot, I've raised the very hand before this one preflop and c-bet every hand HU, but I don't think that would be enough reason to start playing back at me at this point, since it's just been 20 hands. Very short session, as I said. This might be very standard, but to be honest, I have my share of problems with these spots and generally, after abusing my time bank, go wussy and fold. Which might be way to weak.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($12.80)
Hero ($10.85)
CO ($3.60)
Button ($1.70)
SB ($10)
BB ($6.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.65

My main problem is, I have TPTK and this flop is almost perfect for AK. But I know if I call or raise here, my stack is in the middle at showdown, which I don't really dig - it's just a pair, after all.

On the other hand, if I don't shove here, how am I supposed to play AK anyway? Assuming we hit an ace and c-bet, every raise probably has us beat, every fold means our hand didn't matter to begin with and every call might very well be a weaker ace where we end up trying to put our money in the middle anyway or don't bet at all to keep the pot small, because if our opponent calls down he has four chances to hit his kicker as well - which is a horrible scenario with multiple opponents.

So I know, somewhere is flaw in the way I'm thinking, but where exactly is it?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: $10NL 6Max - has TPTK any uses at all?

Everytime I see a small reraise like this I think he's got something like KQ or a set and is afraid of the flush draw. I'd call and reevaluate on the turn.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: $10NL 6Max - has TPTK any uses at all?

Small raise isnt it?..does he do this with a flush draw? I cbet every flop heads up and i find i get raised small a lot by top pair. I'm in favor of shoving for his other $4 or call/call.