Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 12:52 AM

Default jdags seems to like his hand... WPT hand 2

Same table, about 15 minutes later. Do not assume anything about the previous hand because of the stacks.

I have about ~8k, blinds are still 25/50. I open in mp w/ 2 cards to 175. Jdags (covers, ~18k) calls, 2 more callers behind him, and the bb comes along. Flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

BB has been a huge nitty old fat guy, he leads out for 450 into the 900 pot. I raise to 1500, Jdags ponders for about 20 seconds and tosses his last 5k chip and says "4500 straight." Behind him the button COLD CALLS the 4500 after approximately 2 minutes of thought (he coverd the table). He was clearly a terrible player at this point, and was probably calling w/ a big range. BB now TANKS for no less than 5 minutes, and eventually folds and storms away from the table. It's back to me. What hands do you push here? Do you fold aces? Do you fold a nut flush draw? Do you fold 22? Do you also fall asleep at the table given the hand has taken roughly 10 minutes already?
Old 03-24-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: jdags seems to like his hand... WPT hand 2

Yes i would fold aces, no i wouldn't fold a set.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:42 AM

Bond, apologies for a stupid question, but what is the difference between calling AA versus 22 here? Is it just being able to rule out bottom set for one of them or redraws against a flush? Or am I just missing something?
Old 03-24-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bond, apologies for a stupid question, but what is the difference between calling AA versus 22 here? Is it just being able to rule out bottom set for one of them or redraws against a flush? Or am I just missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

That and a set has much stronger redraw than AA in the event he has a large combo draw. Say dags is 9c8c, one of his possible large draws:

2h2s=65.25%
AhAs=52.22%
Old 03-24-2007, 01:56 AM

i would fold AA.

I wouldn't fold a set. I don't know JDags play, but is there anyway his bet represents clubs?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That and a set has much stronger redraw than AA in the event he has a large combo draw. Say dags is 9c8c, one of his possible large draws:

2h2s=65.25%
AhAs=52.22%

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya but AA has better redraws vs. 66 and TT. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not missing anything, you are just vastly underestimating the importance of what you already stated.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:13 AM

Thanks for clarification.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:38 AM

I would never fold a set here way to many combodraws and there is so much overlay.
I'm pretty sure if you are against a set and another FD you still might have odds to get it in with the NFD, right now my stove is messed up and I don't feel like doing calcs.

AA is really close, it depends if I have the Ac and if big old fat nitty guy is capable of doing this with a hand he thinks is the nuts like AT. It also depends on whether you not have the Ac.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:43 AM

I am in 100 % agreement with what pudge said.