Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Whoops! Fun w/ 93o

mucks 10-20...good game(though I'm running absolutely terrible. Which is nothing new since Dec.)

UTG is a bud of mine. Always enjoy playing with her. We have alot of fun when we're on the table(wish more people were like her). She's pretty str8 forward. Doesn't bluff/semi bluff much.

2-3 limpers, SB completes I get a free play in the BB with 93o/ 5 to the flop.

Flop 9 6 2 2 tone

SB bets, I raise, UTG call 2 cold, everyone folds to SB who calls.

Turn 3 o/s

SB bets, I raise, UTG calls, SB folds

River 8 o/s

I bet, now UTG raises...

b
Old 03-23-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Whoops! Fun w/ 93o

Is she the type to play 98s UTG? Would she limp pf and call down that much action w/ 88? Since she's straight forward, does that mean she would 3 bet a set on the turn? Do you remember which cards were suited and which one was off suit on the flop? It may narrow down her hand.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:06 PM

I think that at the end of this hand, you are going to be shown a set of sixes. The coldcall on the flop from a straightforward player is scary. The coldcall on the turn, is even scarier.

And the raise on the river doesn't make me feel good at all.

It's just a matter of finding the conviction to lay this down. But in real life, I probably call and say 'ni han.'
Old 03-23-2007, 09:03 PM

seems like a fold to me. you see 66, 22, 89s or 7Ts alot i think.

this is based on her description. if i had ever seen her bluff(ESPECIALLY a busted draw)with some relative frequency i would lean towards call 'cause folding two pair HU for one bet in a big pot is generally a risky proposition. based on her description and how the action went down i think we are good here close to never.

if she's a real bud she'll show you her hand anyway. so what's she look like? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that at the end of this hand, you are going to be shown a set of sixes. The coldcall on the flop from a straightforward player is scary. The coldcall on the turn, is even scarier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on.

Her turn CC threw me a bit. I put her on a draw. I'd have expected a raise with a set here. I was pretty suprised she didn't.

I pretty much knew I was beat on the river. She's raising, knowing I have something to showdown also. At first I thought maybe a flush draw backed into a str8. She might sometimes play a hand like that. I was so locked on the draw, I didn't think of the set. Big 'I' on my forehead for IDIOT! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Curiousity got the best of me and I called. She showed, She cackled. I called her a sneaky lil' bitch. She cackled even more.(not sure she'd have showed it. Not showing is one of the many ways we needle each other [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
We got a good laugh over it.

I got outplayed on this hand pretty good. Good thing a 3 didn't hit the river. The way I'm running, I'm suprised it didn't. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Oh well, another minus in the book for that session... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

b
Old 03-24-2007, 04:44 AM

Yeah, I shoulda folded. Easily.

[ QUOTE ]
so what's she look like? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

She's one of those chicks that's kinda short and compact. Avg bod. I think she's good lookin'. Her personality is fantastic, so that adds a few points, too. Her boyfriend drops it alot of points. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Not many people I have that much fun on a table with. Which is kind of sad about the people you run into on average at the tables.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the replies.

b
Old 03-24-2007, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got outplayed on this hand pretty good. Good thing a 3 didn't hit the river. The way I'm running, I'm suprised it didn't. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shame a 9 didn't hit on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2007, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shame a 9 didn't hit on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too optimistic for me right now. LOL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

b