Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 06:07 PM

Default My website

My friend was looking at my website a day or two ago, he thought the products were too hard to find. I only have 2 displayed on the homepage and he said the site wasnt set up as well as it could be.

Anyone want to give thier opinion... should i add a products tab on the left side of the homepage (near specials)? or display more products on the homepage.
Any other suggestions?

The products I really want to move are the short sleeve button downs as they are my product, everything else I am a reseller, so I make less on the other goods.

Im not sure if its ok for me to put a link in here...but my website is [NOT ALLOWED TO BE POSTED]
Old 03-22-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: My website

pokerbobo -

i think the rule is that you cannot post a link that you are affiliated with - so i would delete it if i were you.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:16 PM

Mod....can I get a ruling? I did not put up a true link...just the part between the www and the com

Really the advice I am asking for they would need to look at the site to determine.

PokerBobO
Old 03-22-2007, 06:22 PM

You are not allowed to post links to sites you are affiliated with. Its as easy as that.

I guess it would be ok to say I found this totaly random site that I have no affiliation with and I was wondering what you thought of it. That would make it totaly different then.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are not allowed to post links to sites you are affiliated with. Its as easy as that.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can put your link in your profile.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:25 PM

You can put the link in your profile, but I think it would be frowned upon if you actualy directed us to your profile in a thread.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:42 PM

The first thing I notice is that I can't even see shirts on your site when I open it; they're below the fold, and I'm at 1280x1024 resolution. Instead of a welcome message that explains your store at the top, the first things your visitors should see are your products (perhaps with a "More Products >>" link right below your top two). If people want to learn more about your store and who you are, they should be able to do this through an "about" page.

It also took me a moment to even find your products beyond those on the home page. My eyes were drawn to the button-like navigation options on the left side of the page, and I only kept looking for a products link since you mentioned it here. I finally realized that the 4 poker suits at the top of the page are links (I previously wrote them off as decoration). I would suggest moving them to the left. However, if you insist on leaving them at the top, then make them more button-like to draw peoples' attention to them as links.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:32 PM

1. Put your Product Categories on the left side menu

2. You should be able to better organize your home page... right now you only have 2 products and some text on the home page (aside from header and menus), why am I scrolling?

Am I on your site to read, or buy??? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2007, 06:44 PM

Left side menus: Blue on black=impossible to read EDIT: Text changed to gray this time I looked at it. Still should be brighter. Switch to white or something else.
Products on first page: Why do I have to scroll past two paragraphs, a bunch of other text, and some white space to get to them? Put them first. Maybe in a smaller format if pushing your text down is a big concern.
Page options: These are lame and useless for a product site. Looks amatuerish.
Images: The quality on some is pretty poor, especially the first flaming spade one. Get higher res pics.
Products: You need to list your product categories on your first page. Besides having to scroll way down to see the shirts, I have no idea you have hats and other products with reading those paragraphs.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:35 AM

Thanks for the constructive advice...I will try to get things cleaned up on the site....

PokerBobO