Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2006, 11:08 PM

Default $55 AA with paired flop

Villain had reasonable stats.

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

There is no Small Blind in this hand as the Big Blind of the previous hand left the table.

AliasMrJones (t810)
UTG+1 (t1250)
MP1 (t925)
CO (t3025)
Button (t1990)
BB (t2000)

Preflop: AliasMrJones is in UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">AliasMrJones raises to t200</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, BB calls t100

Flop: (t400) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">AliasMrJones bets t200</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to t1000</font>, AliasMrJones folds.

Comments?
Old 02-13-2006, 11:18 PM

Default Re: $55 AA with paired flop

Push preflop. Great hand, short stacked, time to make a move. A big stack might see it as a last effort and call you. It'll also most likely win preflop and then you are holding on longer.

The way you played it, I would still push the flop. AA is going to committ you to the pot. It sucks if he has a 6 or 88, but that is the chance you have to take in this situation.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:20 PM

If you never minraise again, and never fold AA on that board again, you will be happier.

What can he have that you beat if he has "reasonable stats"? A small pair is most likely.

Thats a bad fold.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you never minraise again

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thing. Of late, when I raise with big hands I often get to customers so I'm throwing in some whacky min-raises and limp/raise attempts. I was hoping the min-raise would get taken as weakness by BB and get raised so I could push. If not a re-raise, 1 caller is what I was looking for, which is what I got.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you never minraise again

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thing. Of late, when I raise with big hands I often get to customers so I'm throwing in some whacky min-raises and limp/raise attempts. I was hoping the min-raise would get taken as weakness by BB and get raised so I could push. If not a re-raise, 1 caller is what I was looking for, which is what I got.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine. I prefer making it 250 PF, but thats not terrible. Soooo why did you fold?
Old 02-13-2006, 11:38 PM

You really think a flop fold is good? you are getting 2:1 on him not having a 6, and worse you will have 400 chips in the BB next hand. If he is reasonable, chances are he doesn't have a 6. I don't call UTG min raises with a 6 unless its 66 and I'm reasonable. Also, if he did have a 6 wouldn't the best play to be to check/call you? I am not a fan of the flop fold at all.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:40 PM

I'm not actually arguing that this is a fold, far from it, but I think a villain with solid stats *could* hold a 6, because he minraised.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Soooo why did you fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I didn't, but I wanted to see if anyone would like it.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:45 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] dammit. I knew it was in the wrong color in the OP, but i didnt take that into consideration.

A 6 is such a small part of his range in this hand.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of late, when you have a big hand they probably don't have much then. Don't overestimate the players in the 55s. If they have 77+ or AT+ or even A7s+ they'll be calling your push.

You have 8 BBs, you are going to be pushing all the hands that you are playing in this situation. So, if they were actually paying attention they will not believe that a push implies a huge hand.

Don't overthink and make these things complicated. Keep it simple.