Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Caesars (130.) KTs street by street.

Caesars MTT.
$130 / 90 players. Top 9 pay.
4500 starting chips. 60 players remain so average stack is 6750.
Structure is pretty fast as blinds double whenever they increase. 40 minute levels.

My table was not squeezing or restealing at all preflop and overall it was very passive except for 2 maniacs and myself. I have a fairly aggro image but I can not remember showing a hand down for the first 2 hours of the tourney. For what its worth, the villains in this hand were probably not thinking about my image.

Level 4
200/400/25

SB - 8,000
BB - 12,000
UTG - 9,700
Hero has 11,000

UTG is 'the old guy' and he plays accordingly; my major read on him was that he played like an old live nit. He has seen 3 flops and he played good cards and played them very quickly, getting all in once preflop (he 3 bet with KK), and he smooth called a raise once with AK preflop and got all of the chips in by the turn which was A high.

The BB is from the Mid East and plays accordingly. He is very loose aggressive. He bluffs a lot and I would be happy to make a thin call down against him for my chips. I am certain that if I call preflop he will call the BB with virtually any two.

Hero has K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the CO.
'The Old Guy' raises to 1200 UTG, Hero Calls, BB calls.

I figured I would post this street immediately bc if i folded then there is no thread. If you want to say that this is a fold then feel free to do so but I felt that I had a good enough command of the table to be playing marginal hands here, eventhough I was only 30bbs deep

Flop (3800): K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, 'The Old Guy' checks, Hero...?