Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 04:13 PM

Default rusty

3/6 wpex i played some hands bad today and feel pretty rusty so im gonna fire a couple and see...

villain is lagtagish but not well known

villain raises otb (wide steal range) hero calls with A6s flop 822 (2 spades my suit)
hero ck calls

turn 8
hero checks intending to call a bet (right?), villain checks

river Ks
hero bets, villain raises (is a 3bet a huge spew, anyone not even call the raise?)

what would ur river line be on a blank river ?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: rusty

black river is a pretty easy check/call the way the hand went down.

i'm a bit stumped on the river. I think he has a king so often here, but on the other hand I hate making them look like a genius for checking an 8 on the turn. whatever, it's probably a call. 8x/2x vs Kx/flush. it's probably really close.

"anyone not even call the raise?"

that's a joke right?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

that's a joke right?

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much... i just dont like to sway peoples responses, leave all the options open so they're not biased by results or tone.

i made him look like a genius for checking the turn btw w/ his 8.. i pretty much wasnt sure what I should be doing there at all
Old 03-21-2007, 04:30 PM

jstill,

This guy thinks he outplayed you. You are supposed to lose another bet here so his fancy play is terrible.

Checking an 8 on the turn is awful, you made 1 bet on this hand. You are calling the turn and bet/calling the river. Bet/folding this river is for the birds and people who bluff with Qhi. jk they call and play the board.

I love players like this. They would rather make some round-about fancy play than just get value from their hands. Keep in mind your range on the flop includes a 2.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:13 PM

Been lurking a while but suck at playing so I thought I may as well start posting. Here are my thoughts, are they way off?
I sometimes 3-bet pre-flop.
I would check-raise the flop and lead turn.
I bet-call the river, and check-call a blank river.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:24 PM

3betting preflop is maybe ok i duno im no expert on that, its a little low for my suited aces though altho his range here is huge and that does matter alot in the decision preflop.

i used to check-raise the flop here without thinking and lead the turn, with a hand as strong as ace hi in this spot tho (steal situation raggy board) i dont think its worth putting more bets in bloating the pot when the prospect of folding out better hands or getting bluffed out by worse hands is very small, also when ahead there arent many cards we need to dodge or hands we are terribly worried about giving a freecard to in this small spot.

basically by that I mean he doesnt always fold to our turn lead with better Aces and the investment there vs just check calling doesnt seem worth it. Particularly since when our hand is good he often checks behind on the turn or river (3barrel bluffing this flop and blank turn and river here probably isnt happening a ton).

i think ur river lines a good one in both cases, i 3bet the river when I hit my flush but that was probably a slight mistake offering up 2:1 most likely (meaning he ll always cap better hands 8x or KK, maybe not true if hes got a 2) and wont cap a worse hand (Kx or a worse flush).

The flop play here check calling vs check-raising is something I asked about for awhile. Sweetjazz gave me a couple great responses in this forum if u use the search function on that topic.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:41 PM

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm probably auto-semibluffing a bit too much.