Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 08:20 AM

Default Foxwoods Poker Classic Sat 3/31 & Sun 4/1

Should be a madhouse down there these 2 days as all the big name pros and tournament donks are in town to gamble it up. I'll try and get them to start up a 2-4 HOSE or something so fellow 2+2ers can donk it up w/ me and have a few drinks. How many people will be there for this event? I figured it might be a good time to meet up with some fellow poker players.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods Poker Classic Sat 3/31 & Sun 4/1

I think it will definitely be a mad house. I was thinking of going down Friday night & play until Saturday morning; however, the wait list might be obscene. I think Saturday will be the most busy. Should be great games.

What do people think of Friday night though? I might arrive from 9-10pm. Maybe if someone that will be there Friday can PM me if they are willing to put my name on the list.... (I would be willing to return the favor to someone else Sat morning).

Anyway, if you are there early Saturday (or Friday night) I will say hi/play some HOSE.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:22 PM

1) I remember last March's FPC, the madhouse failed to materialize. I was in a tight limit game all night. This was the night before the 600$ limit event thoough.

2). HOSE? What's wrong with Razz?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:57 PM

Does anyone know the last time a horse or hose game has gone off..... the floor always look at me strange when i start/sign up
Old 03-21-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2). HOSE? What's wrong with Razz?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing's wrong with razz. I'd rather play HORS because there's something wrong with E (my worst game). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know the last time a horse or hose game has gone off..... the floor always look at me strange when i start/sign up

[/ QUOTE ]

I played in a 10/20 HOE a few weeks ago. 2/4-10/20 is not uncommon. razz is the toughest one to get in the mix, and rightly so. it's not really an action game.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:42 PM

Foxwoods doesn't allow Razz so its HOSE at best. They are not licensed for certain games like Triple Draw, 5 card draw, PLO, PLO8, Razz, etc...

I will probably arrive Fri night as well to just hang out and party it up. I'll get a list of who will show up and we can see how it goes from there. I can put people on lists if allowed.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:46 PM

Pierre, They will allow any game as long as enough players sign up. Just request to start a game and they will usually help you. Ive seen PLO a few times but the list sees never to get past 4 people. Foxwoods is basically a donk heavin of NL players.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:26 PM

they definitely spread razz. I've played it several times. they have placards for it.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:29 PM

They spread a 5-10 Horse game there on Monday. GL getting a 2-4 horse game spread on a Tournament saturday though. The 600 limit is tomorrow and todays limit tables seemed to be flooded by players who did not understand what LHE was, and were pissed because they were shut out of $600 NLHE event today that was capped around 900 players and shut off before most players got out of bed. I did not see any of the name players today, but I wasn't really looking either.