Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2006, 09:56 PM

Default 5 Way Pot From BB T4s

MP is 55/17/1.5 after 100 hands
CO is 38/6/0.7 after 86 hands
BTN is 31/11/1.7 after 88 hands
SB is 82/5/0.8 after 96 hands

Sometimes I muck these hands preflop, but I think I've been playing too tight. How'd I do on all streets?

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (7.00 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

River: (13.00 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 13.00 BB.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:08 PM

Default Re: 5 Way Pot From BB T4s

I definately fold this preflop.
EDIT: I need to look at this as i would fold this preflop every time and other ppl seem to think its an easy call [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would probably c/r the flop and lead the turn.
If your going to lead the flop, lead the turn too. This way when he raises you can 3-bet it.
As you played it, i would lead the river too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2006, 10:21 PM

Preflop call gettin 1-9 is fine. I don't like donking this flop. Your hand is strong enough you don't need to protect it and thin out the rest of the field. Go for a C/R on the flop. MP is aggro enough to lead this flop, if not, you have 3 other players behind MP to act.

The way you played it, I like the C/r on the turn. But, I don't get the check on the river. Bet the river.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:29 PM

Preflop call is standard for me.

I check-call the flop, check-raise the turn, sometimes c/ring the flop. I don't like betting out as you'll get raised, thinning the field to those drawing dead.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: I need to look at this as i would fold this preflop every time and other ppl seem to think its an easy call [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If your going to lead the flop, lead the turn too. This way when he raises you can 3-bet it.
As you played it, i would lead the river too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, do the opposite of everything I did [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2006, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop call gettin 1-9 is fine. I don't like donking this flop. Your hand is strong enough you don't need to protect it and thin out the rest of the field. Go for a C/R on the flop. MP is aggro enough to lead this flop, if not, you have 3 other players behind MP to act.

The way you played it, I like the C/r on the turn. But, I don't get the check on the river. Bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why I thought this, but my initial thought was that MP would re-raise me on the flop. I felt this would protect my hand better than if he led the flop and then I c/r raised it (everyone would be calling 1 bet twice).

As for the river, are you suggesting bet/call?
Old 02-13-2006, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop call is standard for me.

I check-call the flop, check-raise the turn, sometimes c/ring the flop. I don't like betting out as you'll get raised, thinning the field to those drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... I need to think about this.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:47 PM

I like the flop, your hand is strong but still somewhat vulnerable. I'd lead the turn again, you might be able to 3-bet. I don't understand the river check.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:52 PM

Looks good to me.

The only problem is is that this is a chance of variance, in my opinion. I wouldn't play this hand anymore than once in a long while, and get away immediately if you don't catch anything. I would even drop this hand if I hit a pair of 4's (without hitting the Ten) with overcards on the board. I feel dominated too many times with a small pair with overcards on the board, or high probability that a big overcard will come. This "theory" of mine has done well for me to sustain my roll for a better hand.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, do the opposite of everything I did [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This pretty much sums up how I feel. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Krishan