Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Cash NL HU 50c/$1

Just started playing not many hands so far going well tho.

Expected hourley rates at this level please if we have any regulars that would not mind sharing there expected hourley rates or PT BB/100 over x amount of hands please?
Old 03-19-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Cash NL HU 50c/$1

I think the common consensus is that the rake makes this limit extremely difficult to beat long term, and this most people stick to SNG's. That being said I'm pretty interested if anybody has this info as well...
Old 03-19-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the common consensus is that the rake makes this limit extremely difficult to beat long term, and this most people stick to SNG's. That being said I'm pretty interested if anybody has this info as well...

[/ QUOTE ]

Like i said im a noob at this and just staring out:

1288hands $595net think im about 20 PT BB/100(obv i know this is no real sample/as said i wanted to anwser this question to see what the regulars run at)

I expect this to drop but not by much.

Oh yeah + i get 27% Rake back.

Thanks for your reply as to SNGs i have played them but i belive Cash NL HU has HUGE advantages.You get a player on tilt and u have a big edge you could take his whole roll in 1 session if he keeps cliking.No such thing in SNGs.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:54 PM

lol yea it will drop - i think 5-6 is the most you'll sustain with this rake. 1200 hands i'm sorry i don't wanna moan but give me a break, 12000 hands at 10 handed isn't a huge sample (bearing in mind i ran at 16 ptbb/100 at $25/$50 over my first 10k hands)

let alone 1200 hands at heads up roflcopter

so yea get 30k hands and then it means SOMETHING (not everything but something)

I'd guestimate 5-6 would be sustainable if you're awesome (bearing in the rake of hu 50 cent 1 dollar)
Old 03-19-2007, 08:57 PM

if you're playing a good tag hu it'll be very difficult to beat the rake. I have a friend who made his living for ayear off of £2/£4 hu but he had GOOD TABLE SELECTION
ie he wouldn't play good players hu cos the rake was too high and these stakes are like 8 times what you're playing so be careful

edit: well he didn't not play the regulars cos the rake was too high just cos he didn't like losing nigh on 50% of the time =p
Old 03-19-2007, 11:17 PM

Other than just dropping $220 HU today after being on tilt from 6 max and a HU player bailing on me and a harsh river at HU....my game selection is usaully pretty good.

Basically other than just now i mainley look for weak prey short stacking the level against begiiners.

Just played a good player i lost to him although i lost i knew what the 2 factors which was why i lost.

1 i shuddn not been playing and
2 sick limp re-raise=AA against player who only 3bet me preflop 2twice in 200hands i was just too tilted to care thinking call flop 7high with 99 and push on a turn 7 maybe he can find a fold.LOLAMENTS wont try that 1 again.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:19 PM

I think the .5/1 can be beaten, but will be quite difficult if you are always against tags. FTP rakeback helps. Your current win rate will certainly drop though... sample size stuff is covered in almost every forum faq.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the .5/1 can be beaten, but will be quite difficult if you are always against tags. FTP rakeback helps. Your current win rate will certainly drop though... sample size stuff is covered in almost every forum faq.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep as i said this is all i have played i know this will drop for sure lost $220 since i posted it LOL

I really think if i can game select as good as i have been(mainley playing noobs) i can sustain 8+ PT BB/100s

I hope anyways plus i get 27% RB [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2007, 05:27 AM

I'm running at 8 PT BB/100 after ~ 6000 hands

Still a small sample but I'm just answering the question.