Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2007, 06:28 PM

Default playing sc\'s

Hi all... I have no clue what stats for correct play with sc's would be. I seem to play them about break even. Do I go to far with them? I'll explain how I play them in general. I'll exclude 32s, 43s, QJs, KQs, because I do not play them as the other suited connectors or do not play them at all. So for JTs down to 45s I have a vpip of 80% and a pfr of 31%. AF on flop and turn are both 1.6.

Preflop: Normally I like to call a raise if I get at least 2-1 odds and preferably in a multiway pot with position (although not always). If it is limped or called to me and I'm in LP or late MP I raise. If there have been many limpers I limp along in LP hoping to brew a big multiway pot. Against 3bets I usually fold. Sometimes against weak players with a high PFR I 3bet myself.

Flop: I continue with any 8+ outs draw, calling pot sized bets from the preflop agressor or if the last one to act raised (I give these less credit). I raise myself if it's checked to me and I have a flushdraw (to conceil it, mainly) or if I hit top pair with one of the higher sc's.

Turn: I want to have made my draw or I check behind or fold. I'll call a half pot sized bet if I think I'll be rewarded for at least a full pot sized bet on the river.

River: I have it or not, I rarely bluff here. Sometimes if I signaled I was drawing and there is another flush possible because of the rivercard, or I'm sure the other guy hit one pair and a big overcard shows up I do bluff AND I'm up against someone that is very willing to fold, I do bluff.

Any comments or mayor leaks here? What factors are most important in chosing to play them according to you guys?

Thanks!