Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 12:56 AM

Default QQ in a large pot -- drawy flop

Here's the situation -- I've been at a pretty decent 8/16 game for a couple hours. There are a couple tighties, but there's enough action to go around, unfortunately the action has moved from my right to my left over the course of the last hour, but there are still some pretty bad players to my immediate right.

SB - At first glance, he seemed good, but after about an hour it really looks like he likes calling a lot, and with just about anything. My mental note on him is to value bet with anything at all, he almost never folds and will raise when he's got the goods.

BB - I've played with him a couple times, and he's a little loose, but has some gamble in him, will not shy away from being aggressive if he thinks it's warranted.

Me - My image is in a state of transition. I had been losing my shirt for the first couple hours, but in the 10-20 minutes immediately preceding this hand I'd gotten back to even showing down some good hands. I've been playing pretty solid post-flop, and a little loose pre-flop (25-30% at a 9 handed table), but I haven't been showing down a lot of hands - folding a lot of flops and turns.

I catch some red Queens on the button -- 3 limpers to me, and much like a good poker player would do, I raise. Both blinds call, as do the limpers.

So we're 6 to the flop for 12SB.

The flop is probably the best flop I can imagine, 987 with a club draw. I don't think that the other players noticed when I threw up a little when I saw it, but I can't be sure of it.

SB checks, BB bets, 2 callers to me and I raise (mistake #1, imo) -- here's where it gets interesting, SB 3-bets and BB caps, the limpers fold and it's on me... (29SB including SBs call)

Am I drawing live, dead, or thin? What's my plan, given the flop play?

-d
Old 03-19-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Re: QQ in a large pot -- drawy flop

Just fold it. In the unlikely event that you're ahead now, you won't be at the river.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:07 AM

i definitely wouldn't raise the flop
Old 03-19-2007, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The flop is probably the best flop I can imagine, 987 with a club draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcasm by any chance?!

You have weird ideas of the best flop imaginable. This board is very coordinated. Leads for many straights, 2 pairs, midrange sets. The other half of it is that many hands like a JAs in clubs is can play this very agressively, with many outs.

I'm not trying to be an advocate for MUBS, but this is no dream flop. Course if you are being sarcastic, I should just post less when I'm tired.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:08 AM

easy fold. you raised and got reraised. that should tell you all the info you need.
later
Old 03-19-2007, 11:01 AM

He is kidding about the best flop descrip. Pretty easy fold
Old 03-19-2007, 11:04 AM

fold the flop, with the tiny chance QQ is good now, it won't be on the river....
Old 03-19-2007, 11:27 AM

Ok, for startes, you can't fold. You are getting 29-1. You can peel, and hope to catch a Q,J, or T on the turn. Then you can reevaluate based on the turn action. If Its one bet at that point, you have an easy call, and you might be on your way to the biggest suckout of the night.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:40 PM

Isn't it 2 more SBs bets back to him to call? After that,he will likely have to catch 2 cards to improve his hand to win. Expensive to me. Str8 draw and flush draw going. I say it is still a fold
Old 03-19-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it 2 more SBs bets back to him to call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never mind.