Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 01:07 PM

Default 1/2 ako oop against tag

villain is unknown to me but i have him at 18/15 from datamining.

Full Tilt Poker
$1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $232.50
CO: $203
BTN: $431.40
SB: $595.65
Hero (BB): $222.85
UTG: $193.35

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $7</font>, BTN folds, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $25</font>, CO calls $18

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($51, 2 players)

just cbet/fold? is a c/r any good here? what about if i have the ace of spades?
Old 03-18-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: 1/2 ako oop against tag

[ QUOTE ]
just cbet/fold? is a c/r any good here? what about if i have the ace of spades?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol @ b/f.

b/3-b all-in, you big girl!

vs QQ/JJ we ahead already!

There are less combo's of AA/KK now that we have one of each. And KK has no flush draws and we might hit an A as well as a a flush possibility.

If he has AK, he is ahead only 1/3rd of the time if he calls a push but he might fold. If it is in that 1/3rd of the time, and he doesn't fold then we split 2/3 of the time anyway.

If it's the other 2/3 rd's of the time, we are already ahead.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:07 PM

lol at big girl. i'm down like 5 buyins with ako over the last 12k hands and trying to figure out why.

so how about a c/r then since you say folding is out of the question which i guess i agree with. a c/r might pick up a bet from him in the cases where he just folds to a cbet. and i don't really mind the flop getting checked through, but on the other hand half of my equity comes from seeing the turn and the river and i can't get it all in profitably on the turn against his range.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:10 PM

I don't understand why people complicate things so much in 3bet pots. We are the aggressor preflop, so let's be the aggressor postflop. B3B FTW.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at big girl. i'm down like 5 buyins with ako over the last 12k hands and trying to figure out why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't look at this hand from the point of view of AKo. Think of it from the point of view of your hand strength vs their hand range with this particular flop.

[ QUOTE ]
so how about a c/r then since you say folding is out of the question which i guess i agree with. a c/r might pick up a bet from him in the cases where he just folds to a cbet. and i don't really mind the flop getting checked through, but on the other hand half of my equity comes from seeing the turn and the river and i can't get it all in profitably on the turn against his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

C/r sux. It looks too obviously like a draw.

The strength of the b/3b is that it looks like we have a made monster given pf action.

The flop getting checked through is ugly. We have a strong hand only because there are 2 cards to come. If we wait until one comes, then we really need to just c/f the turn and miss stealing the pot which with our hand strength we need to go and take it.