Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 05:48 AM

Default gettin tricky vs LAG?

4 handed im CO and raise 5c6c. last hand i won a pretty big pot so i figured my image was good.

button (38/18/2.5) is pretty loose and aggressive, but not really smart. his coldcall here was nothing surprising.

bb goes along for the ride (23/17/2.2) and calls.

flop K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

bb chk, i check, button thinks and bets, bb folds, i raise

stndard? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2007, 09:51 AM

Default Re: gettin tricky vs LAG?

pretty loose and aggro button behind u, 65s is pretty thin imo. doesn't mean i wouldn't raise it though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

anyways you may have to quadroople barrel here though imo this line is not any more believable than a simple bet-bet-bet line and its cheaper too.

i hope you were going to checkfold if the bb called too otherwise it would be retarded.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:56 AM

why not just bet flop?
c/r helps build a large pot whose board may help your opponent's hand when u r OOP.

will u be willing to fire 3 barrels to take down the pot if he just has a draw?
Old 03-18-2007, 08:21 PM

Preflop: Considering your read on button, I wouldn't raise here preflop unless both blinds didn't defend enough.

Flop: I think the standard play is to go with a continuation bet. The flop looks scarier than it actually is because it is paired, and you may get the BB to check/fold Ax type hands. A non-thinking LAG will probably call with that hand, but since he is loose his range could easily include a lot of hands that will fold on that flop.

Just my opinion...
Old 03-19-2007, 01:12 AM

i have relooked this hand over as i was very stoned when posting/playing it.

im definately not trying to build a pot with the c/r. i was planning on seeing what the button and bb do with the check since if I bet its almost positive that at least button will peel. i'd say his range is nearly anything including even worse than 56 himself even with the flop bet.

thnakfully, i was feeling really "in the zone" heh and he folded. had button called on flop, i would double barrel most turns and c/f river UI though.