Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 10:59 PM

Default B&M 3/6 KK in BB

Typical live 3/6 game, 5-7 people seeing every flop, pre flop raises are rare. Almost everyone plays straighforward except for 1 or 2 who love to slowplay and try to check raise too much.

I'm in the BB and there are 4 limpers to me. I look down and see A K of hearts and raise, Well, as expected they all call and 5 of us see the flop of

8 5 K rainbow (no hearts)

I'm first to act and bet out, get one caller and then a lady in late position raises. It's folded around to me and I call, MP player calls. Three to the turn.

Turn comes (8 5 K) A

What now coach?
Old 03-17-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: B&M 3/6 KK in BB

3bet the flop and bet the turn in both cases
Old 03-18-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3bet the flop and bet the turn in both cases

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-18-2007, 01:50 AM

Well, your in a tough spot. You could be facing a king, and way ahead, or you could be drawing almost dead against a set.

Before I try and figure out what to do, I have to know what your plan was on the turn, if an offsuit deuce came along. Were you planning on checkraising to get rid of the middle player, or were you going to donkbet the turn to put more pressure on him?

As nice as it is to see the ace, it might not have affected your situation here, you still are ahead of lesser kings, and you still are behind a set.

If your opponent had a king and raised with KQ or something like that, they might attribute an ace to you, and check behind here. I think you have to bet out now, but don't go overboard, if you get raised, I still am uncomfortable whenever a 3-6 lady raises me, and I suspect that a set might be in play.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Results

Thanks for the responses.

I really feel bad about the way I played this hand. If I thought I was behind on the flop I should have folded - if I thought I was ahead I should have re-raised. The problem was when she raised me on the flop, there wasn't any hand she could have had that I was ahead of. She had to have started with a suited K 8, K 5, or 8 5 (old 3/6 ladies love any two suited) or pocket 8's or 5's, and I figured one of the pocket pairs was the more likely of the two. I don't think she would have raised with any other K (KQ,Kx), she would have gone into call-down mode. All of this stuff went through my head while I was deciding whether to call her raise

So I should have folded. BUT NO! I looked at the pot and saw all of those chips and thought surely I must have enough pot odds to hit something so - I flat called so I could see the turn and here comes the A (which was better than a K, since with the A I now have two pair beat but if she has a set or K8 or K5 the second K on the board would have filled her up and I'm basically drawing dead anyway). So now I go into check-call mode on the turn and then again on the river (which also pisses me off) and the expected blank comes on the river

She turns over pocket 8's for the flopped set and takes down a nice pot.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Were you planning on checkraising to get rid of the middle player, or were you going to donkbet the turn to put more pressure on him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I think about it I think the MP folded after I called LP's flop raise.

[ QUOTE ]
Before I try and figure out what to do, I have to know what your plan was on the turn, if an offsuit deuce came along.

[/ QUOTE ]

c/f
Old 03-18-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Before I try and figure out what to do, I have to know what your plan was on the turn, if an offsuit deuce came along.

[/ QUOTE ]

c/f

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.. that seems very weak to me. If you are up against a set, yes, you are hosed. You are also in bad shape if she has 2 pair w/ Kx. The pot is too big and you will often have the best hand though to fold.

Worst case scenario, I am calling down here.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:53 AM

Preflop: good

Flop: 3bet - both for value and to hopefully get MP out

Turn: checkraise - if you think lady villian is likely to check then just lead
Old 03-18-2007, 08:03 AM

1st: Your title doesn't fit your hand.

That A could kill action to go for a c/r. Most will raise the flop with 2 pair, but wait with a set. I'd bet out.

I'd probably be 3 betting this flop.

b
Old 03-18-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1st: Your title doesn't fit your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

oopppss...sorry about that.