Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 04:57 PM

Default **Heads-Up League Official Rules, and Week 1 Thread**

**LEAGUE FORMAT**

*The league consists of 16 players who will be listed on this thread.

*All players in the league will be in a single table (no divisions)

*There will be 12 match-weeks in which every player will play 3 games against the player they are matched up against.

*Each game will count separately, and the standings will be posted each week

*Week 13 will be a week for makeup games and the only scheduled event that week will be the “Heads-Up League Cup” which will be a $5 + $.50 winner-take-all heads-up tournament to be held on Saturday Night of Week 13 (The exact time is yet to be determined) All players in the league may participate, and the winner will earn a spot in the playoffs as well as the prize!

*The Playoffs: 6 players will qualify for the playoffs, the top 5 players in the standings qualify, and the player who wins the League Cup in the week 13 Open Tournament qualifies. If that player is already in, then the 6th ranked player in the standings will make it in.

The top 2 places in the standings will receive a BYE, and automatically advance to the semi-finals of the playoffs.

Ties in standings will be broken only if the place in question determines who makes the playoffs, or who will get a bye. Whichever player won the head-to-head series against the other would win the tie-breaker, if the players didn’t play each other, then there will be a 1 game playoff to determine who gets in. Tie-breaker games will occur after the Open Tournament. For ties that would only affect seeding in the playoffs, head-to-head is used, and then a coin flip.

Multi-way Ties: If there is a 3-way tie in the standings, then collective head-to-head-record will be used to qualify the top player, and then the 2 remaining players will compare their records, if only 2 of the players have played each other, then the winner of that series will play a tie-break game against the 3rd player to qualify for the place in contention.

*Round 1 of the playoffs will be in week 14, and will be a best of 3 series

*Semifinals and Finals will both be best of 5 series held in week’s 15 and 16 respectively.

**MATCH-WEEKS**

*Match-weeks will consist of the scheduling phase, which will be Monday and Tuesday of each week. During this phase the players must contact each other and decide what dates and times they will play. They must then contact me (ArtmonkRules) or ChicagoRy and let us know when to schedule your private tournaments, or post your game times on the weekly schedule thread.

*Games will be played Wedensday through Sunday of each match-week. Scheduling is to begin IMMEDIATELY with the first matched to begin on Wedensday, the 21st

*Results must then be posted on the weekly thread or Pm’ed to one of the commissioners, and we’ll post it.

I will post the list of players and the Week 1 schedule shortly in this thread. You will have 3 days to contact your opponent and get your match times set up. PM me or post them on this thread.... AND REMEMBER, you need to give me a days notice at least on your match times. Don't post telling me you need a private match set up for 2 hours from time of post because I might not be on it time to set it up.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: **Heads-Up League Official Rules, and Week 1 Thread**

List of Players:

ArtMonkRules (commisioner)
ChicagoRy (commisioner)
Ogre
EvilSteve
Boiler_bd
zPro
omgwtfnoway
Crispy Bacon
kamakaze22
Flatlanman3
frede89
majik
HojoMofo
dc_publius
TNUC
TheOpenDoor (This is ChicagoRy's friend... still waiting on his ACTUAL 2+2 name, but I dont think this is it)

I have a list of AIM names (not everone's, but most players). I'll pm everyone a list of the league AIM names once I get the last 2 or 3 players to pm me back with theirs.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:27 PM

Also, a little bit about scheduling and playing.

Each week (probably Saturday sometime) the schedule will be posted for the following week. What I suggest to do is PM the player you are playing and give him a few options to pick what time you want to play, and let him know the preferable rules you want to play by (buyin and speed, remember they are default 5 dollars and Regular). You have Sunday and Monday to schedule these matches.

Then you have to PM Artmonk or I, or post in the schedule thread what time you have agreed on (In EST please)and we will set up your match in the tourney > private section of Poksterstars. You can organize all the games by name in alphabetical order, and you will find all matches for this league will start with HUL. Your usernames or an abbreviation of them will be listed in the title after HUL and when you open to register there will be more details such as the week inside.

There will be a 1,2 or 3 in the title. Match one will be scheduled for your agreed upon time. NOTE this is important, the default for matches 2 and 3 to start will be 20 minutes after the preceding match for a turbo and 30 minutes for a regular speed or no blind increase speed. So if you want to play your matches 45 minutes apart or all 3 at the same time, you MUST LET US KNOW IN ADVANCE. You may end up two tabling the end of game one or the end of game two with the following match unless you schedule the matches far enough apart. Unfortunately we are not always online and you have to setup private matches at least an hour in advance, so we cannot have these start right after the one before it ends.

After your match PM Artmonk or I with the results of the match. If you win the first and lose the second and your username is Aba20, you would say "Aba20 won game 1, lost game 2 and 3," or something to that effect.

If you have any questions you can post them in here, the schedule will be up sometime before 1am ET in all liklihood.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:29 PM

Ok, Artmonk has just pointed out that we cannot create turbos or no blind increases at this moment on Stars in Private tourneys. So for now, it'll only be regular speed and the default times that the matches will start is 30 minutes apart, starting with the time you give us for match one.