Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 02:47 AM

Default ***MARCH LOW CONTENT THREAD***

Hey mods, I think it's a good idea to have a monthly lc thread. Delete it if you don't like it, but I need a spot to brag and whine besides BBV. I think it works very well in PLO (one of my main forums.)

BTW, i'll be posting more strat in limit as i get more xp. right now i'm crushing it but it might be variance.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:28 AM

Default Re: ***MARCH LOW CONTENT THREAD***

I'm ok with this so long as it doesn't go places it shouldn't. Don't post anything that wouldn't be allowed in BBV.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:23 AM

My computer busted 3 days ago, new motherboard, new CPU and new video card.

I get back to my house, plug it in, and change all the settings back to how I like them, redload a lot of my programs (had to reinstall windows so all programs are lost) and grab a cig. Can't find matches, 5 min. later I find a lighter, start playing.

First player is fairly tight Pre, very aggro post, betting almost every street. So I take an early lead thanks to some nice cards, then get stacked vs a flopped boat vs my 2nd high flush. Stick around for a bit and lose a flip.

Next villian is playing pretty passive, I get out to a 2200-800 advantage or so, get him in PF w AKs vs A9o. He hits a 4 card flush.

I get him down to under 500 by the 50bb and lose KQ vs K7s. Last hand I'm at 1200, we're in the last minute of the 100bb, he opens to 400 (he's been very aggro in pos since his last double up) and I have AJo. I shove, he calls w A9 and rivers his 9.

And I just reached in my pocket and the matches I was looking for were sitting right there.

At least tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day...
Old 03-17-2007, 04:57 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post9593000i wanted to cross-post this cuz it's funny. btw, i though i was doing better at 5/10.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:00 AM

BTW I wish ppl would post whether or not they are playing nl or limit cuz i suck at nlhu.

Edit: i won't respond to threads that don't specify, and I hope others take my stance.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW I wish ppl would post whether or not they are playing nl or limit cuz i suck at nlhu.

Edit: i won't respond to threads that don't specify, and I hope others take my stance.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol You do realize that I edit in the game type into like every other thread subject?
Old 03-17-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol You do realize that I edit in the game type into like every other thread subject?

[/ QUOTE ]
obv

hate on teh n00b

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yesterday I was browsing the HU forum and thought to myself "Wow, these guys are awfully observant of Leaders' suggestion to put the game type in the title."

Turns out, nope.

Good work Leader, we'll get it someday.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:45 PM

Nice idea holdme, I think this will help the forum in general.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:54 PM

I refuse to let this thread die so I will post something to show why I am so awesome:

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t25/t50
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: t1560
BB: t1440

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t150</font>, BB calls t100 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t175)</font>.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t300, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t300, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t150</font>, BB calls t150 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t450)</font>.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t600, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets t300</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in t1260</font>, BB folds.
Uncalled bets: t960 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: t1200