Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Exertion Headaches

Does anyone else here deal with these? Once one comes on, I'm completely debilitated for 2 days, unable to do anything strenuous without it coming on immediately. Even when I'm just sitting around, once I've given myself an exertion headache, it's there until it goes away as long as I don't aggravate it.

When I started working out in college, I began to get these unexplainable headaches, but just pushed myself through the pain. Unfortunately, it got to a point where I couldn't even have a heated conversation or laugh very hard without bringing on the severe pain. So, I stopped working out and haven't had any problems since.

Now, I'm 6'3" with 230 lbs of fat, and I've started working out again. The headaches are back, and it's very frustrating.

I haven't found a great deal of information so far, but I did discover the term (exertion headache) along with some suggestions for treatment. Super-heavy breathing during work-outs keeps it at bay only slightly, but I can tell that the headache is right there, just screaming to get out. Even after sets, I have to continue super-heavy breathing for upwards of 5 minutes, but one mistake in just one rep, and I'm dealing with the pain for 2 days.

Any other suggestions for dealing with this major annoyance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Exertion Headaches

Well first do you have high blood pressure? Were you using any thermos or preworkout stims?

If you answer yes to either of these, we know your problem and can start making suggestions.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well first do you have high blood pressure?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so, but I honestly haven't checked in years. It doesn't run in my family, and it's never been a problem for me in the past. I am a smoker (I know, I know), but got the headaches in college as well and smoked then too. I know for a fact I didn't have high blood pressure in college.

[ QUOTE ]
Were you using any thermos or preworkout stims?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just weed in college. I just started taking HRX 3 days ago and, to be honest, the headaches don't seem so ready to attack as they did previously, although they're still there. Other than that, no other thermos/stims, and I haven't even started taking creatine/l-glut (which from what I've read, creatine can cause headaches for some people), although I have purchased them both.

Other than that, a multi-vite, protein shakes and tons of water primarily. Also, I started taking fish oil caps today, so those can be ruled out.

[ QUOTE ]
If you answer yes to either of these, we know your problem and can start making suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be a tumah.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:47 AM

OK well first of all stop smoking. Period. For me headaches happen for 2 reasons 1) too much blood 2) not enough blood.

1 happends on vasodialators yohimbe l-argine ect.
2 happends on stims ephedrnie adderol coke

is it a slow pounding? Dehydrated?

Also this could jsut mean that you are training really high intesity (which is awesome SFW BABY!)and that you BP spikes. After your BP should drop precipitiously.