Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 01:58 PM

Default TT in No Mans Land

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Cutoff just recently sat down at table. We had played one hand together where he checkraised the flop from his BB and I folded.

I felt paralyzed by this turn card. What is my play on turn and river?

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with :10h :10c
2 folds, CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: :8h :3d :6c (9SB, 2 players)
Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: :ac (5.5BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: :3h (7.5BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 9.5BB

Sorry for the converter, it seems to be having trouble. What is the best converter to use for Absolute?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: TT in No Mans Land

Not an easy hand to play against an unknown capper who has position on you. You could do worse than just planning to check-call the whole way.

I don't really like your flop donk since your hand is not strong enough to three-bet with here if you get raised and CO will certainly bet the flop for you if you check.

As played, I just check-fold the turn here when the Ace falls.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:30 PM

I think the 3-bet pf is great. You want to get HU with a hand like TT.

I think you give away your hand to much with your postflop play. Your bet on the flop screams out an overpair, and your check on the turn says its not aces. I would have check-raised either the flop or the turn to put some pressure on my opponent and let him have the toughest decisions intstead of me.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not an easy hand to play against an unknown capper who has position on you. You could do worse than just planning to check-call the whole way.

I don't really like your flop donk since your hand is not strong enough to three-bet with here if you get raised and CO will certainly bet the flop for you if you check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except you've just induced a possible bluff on the turn.

b
Old 03-16-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

From what hands? Hero is behind the vast preponderance of an unknown's range once an Ace falls. Unless you expand villain's range to include all of 99, 88, and KQo (or KQs + KJs), I think this is a fold getting about 3.75:1 to call down (unless your thought is to just call a turn bet getting 6.5:1 but fold if villain bets one more time on a blank river).
Old 03-16-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

From what hands? Hero is behind the vast preponderance of an unknown's range once an Ace falls. Unless you expand villain's range to include all of 99, 88, and KQo (or KQs + KJs), I think this is a fold getting about 3.75:1 to call down (unless your thought is to just call a turn bet getting 6.5:1 but fold if villain bets one more time on a blank river).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it's an unsightly card. Especially given the preflop cap. The games I play, guys won't let a bet go unbet and would bet all kinds of things here. Hell, in those games you could c/r AA here and get called by a sm PP. Sometimes even Q high-which happened just the other day. But granted, this texture may be a bit different than I'm used to. And yes, they'll cap with alot wider range in my games.

When you check, you're saying you don't have an A. That's an instant bet from the button. Wouldn't you bet just about anything in this spot given that green light? Especially if you think he might fold?

Would it almost be better for OP to bet out on this turn?

I can see folding in this spot at times, other times calling it out player depending. It's a tough spot.

I might just go into c/c mode just to see what he'd play the first 2 streets that way with since he's an unknown. Especially preflop.

b