Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 08:55 PM

Default UIGEA\'s Presence in Recent Bank Mailing?

I just got a mailing from Farmers and Merchants State Bank that included a revised "Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure."

It begins:

"This disclosure is being provided to you to include language recommended by the Federal Reserve Board relating to electronic check concersion transactions. Effective immediately, the new text replaces the previous text on the same subject."

The pamphlet indicates that two sections contain new text. One of these two sections states this:

"Advisory Against Illegal Use. You agree to not use your card(s) for illegal gambling or other illegal purpose. Display of payment logo by, for example, an online merchant does not necessarily mean that transactions are lawful in all jurisdictions in which the cardholder may be located. "

I don't have the old disclosure (if there even was one) so I'm not sure if the above lines are new or not. It is difficult to tell how the pamphlet is organized, which means it is hard to differentiate sections that are new from those that are not. In any case, the ACH section does not mention gambling or even illegal activity, which is nice. For now it looks like they are only concerned with debit/credit cards.