Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Party Bonus Requirement Switcheroo??

A week ago I got a Party 20% to $100 reload after being told in February that I didn't qualify for one "at that time".

I deposit, notice that it's only a 6x playthrough rather than the 10x ones I had before. Nice.

I usually clear these in a day or 2, but this one seems to be going too slow. After 4 days I've still got a quarter of the way to go??? I check it again and it's 6x PARTY POINTS instead of the 6x RAKED HANDS I thought it was.

At my levels that's the same as 40 to 60 raked hands per bonus buck.!! (I get 2 or 3 party points per 20 hands)

Is this new from Party or am just oblivious??

Rainbow...
Old 03-15-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Party Bonus Requirement Switcheroo??

i hope not dam
Old 03-16-2007, 07:01 AM

I think it is. i got a 50% bonus up to $250 and when I logged in I noticed it was 4x party points. This is doable for me but it's still slower than previously so i didn't bother and just kept playing on my other rakeback sites.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:14 AM

My March bonus was $100 for 600 points. It use to be $100 for 1000 raked hands. I play 100NL and am Silver Vip.

Points version bonus is 1600 raked hands. 600 more than previously!

- 600 points for bonus
- 7.5 points for 20 raked hands at my level.
- 600/7.5 x 20 =1600 raked hands

If I play 200NL it is the exact same playthru at Silver level.

For blue level low limit grinders this bonus would be awful.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:15 PM

I also got a $100 for 600 points bonus. I'm blue level and it took me about 15 hours to clear at $100NL. The last bonus PP gave me took me 2.5 hours to clear, that was a 5x raked hand bonus.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is. i got a 50% bonus up to $250 and when I logged in I noticed it was 4x party points. This is doable for me but it's still slower than previously so i didn't bother and just kept playing on my other rakeback sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow... what other deals do you have that are better than a $250 partypoker bonus?
Old 03-16-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow... what other deals do you have that are better than a $250 partypoker bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

The offer isn't bad at all for me. It's $250 for 1000 points and I'm at gold level. But to be frank I'm pretty tired of party's antics. I just didn't bother and continued playing on my other sites where I was getting rakeback anyways.

I looked on party's web page and there really isn't any clear layout as to how the points are calculated, there's no mention of different blue/silver/gold levels anymore. Either that or I just don't see it. They'd be times when I don't even get a party bonus for months, now that I haven't played on party for a while they offered me a bonus. Also I was not too happy with the tone of their last email that they replied to me when I asked politely why I wasn't getting a bonus while most people were. They treated me like a whore when I was a loyal player and played a lot of poker there to get to the gold level.

In the end I guess I'm just tired of party. When I saw them changing the playthrough requirements I just said to myself forget about it. I'm pretty much done with party as my site and will just play there infrequently if at all from now on.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:30 AM

I got the 250$ VIP and had to play *4 partypoints. The last day before expiration I still needed 110 points and played a lot. But the points didnt get credited and now they telling me they "had technical problems". So now im waiting for them to solve them and credit my bonus - wonder if they screw me....
Old 03-20-2007, 05:50 AM

Same thing here Jay.
The points weren't updating on the weekend.
I sent them an e-mail Sunday and Monday.

They replied saying
"We see that you have earned the required Party Points for this bonus and have issued an equivalent bonus of $80 to your real money account."

bonus rec'd

I sent them an earlier e-mail stating
[ QUOTE ]
This new 6 times bonus requirement in Party Points is brutal, especially the 7 day time frame.
I do appreciate the bonus offer, but $80 x 6 with 4PPts/20 hands at $1/2 means 2400 raked hands. I understand you wanting more play for bonuses....more time please

[/ QUOTE ]

They responded with
[ QUOTE ]
We have come up with party points requirements instead of raked hands for specific bonuses. Keeping in mind that few players who like to play only on tournaments and not on cash games, we have introduced the new requirements for our bonuses.

As it will be easy for a player who plays only on tournaments to accumulate party points for any bonus he is eligible for. However, we will consider the time limit to be extended as you have suggested and in future we may allow players more time than the existing time being offered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still, this was a 30x raked hand bonus for me at my lower level.
If I had deposited $500 for the full $100 bonus, it would have been tight.
I did make 700 doing it, ha.

Good Luck JayL (enjoy?)

Rainbow...
Old 03-20-2007, 05:34 PM

Yeah, I don't really mind to need to play more hands to clear the bonus, as bonuses are just extra for me since I play 15K hands/month regardless of any bonus... but I don't want to play when I don't feel like it but have to "because I have to clear my bonus".

30 days should be good. 6 points per $ is also too much for most low-limit players, 3 points would be okay.