Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Blind battle flop gets mini raised...

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

BB joined the table 1 orbit ago.

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25.50
UTG+1: $39.10
CO: $9.80
Button: $24.80
Hero: $23.30
BB: $23.90

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.1</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2.2, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $3.5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($9.2, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $5.25</font>, Hero calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($19.7, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in $14.05</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $13.45</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.6 returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: $46.6

Good or bad?
Old 03-15-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Blind battle flop gets mini raised...

I would probably fold the river against an unknown. All you beat is a bluff, and you have to be right a large % of the time to be +EV. If villain has QJ, nh to him.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:47 PM

In my experience this is either AK, KQ, KJ, KT, possibly a busted JQ in some circumstances. I'd take the same line as yourself. You have a massive hand for the blind battle and if he has a weaker king that has made 2p then you are just unlucky!
Old 03-15-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my experience this is either AK, KQ, KJ, KT, possibly a busted JQ in some circumstances. I'd take the same line as yourself. You have a massive hand for the blind battle and if he has a weaker king that has made 2p then you are just unlucky!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing KQ or KJ on this river is effectively a bluff, and I think your standard unknown villain is very (&gt;85%) likely going to check behind those one-pair hands.

-Andrew
Old 03-15-2007, 03:54 PM

Behind a check/call, check line? I feel the checks have been made to allow weaker hands to bet. Surely this in itself is part of the reason that KQ and KJ will bet here?
Old 03-15-2007, 03:57 PM

Im on the same page as BoyCalledRoy here.

I would make the call as it seems like a busted straight draw or lesser K. If its KT, so be it, its an unfortunate reality of poker but I see KQ or KJ here usually.

Curious to know the result though.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:04 PM

The only other hand I think I can give him credit for is pocket twos. But this is a strange line for that particular hand.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:17 PM

From an agressive player, I think we can rule out TT and KK, which would have been RR on the flop I think. We only know he is agressive because he R flop, bet turn and river. We don't really know that for sure...

Now lets look at the bet sizes. What does the flop raise say? To me, it says I have a piece or a draw. Someone w/ a strong hand would love to get it AI right here I think. Anyway.

Turn bet? I checked and he bets 57% of the pot. I rule out draws here but this bet isn't designed to get the money in either. It's too small leaving too big a bet for the river. I put him on a K but it could be a T too.

River? Here he overbets the pot. No draws came in and I can't give him credit for sets on the turn and river cards. AK would do this, especially hoping to get AK to fold. Bluffs of course. I think KJ, KQ must check behind here too.

psw
Old 03-15-2007, 04:23 PM

This is a blind war. Very read dependent, but I'm going to have an extremely difficult time releasing this on the river. I 3ball the flop or c/r the turn FWIW. This is a dry board and there really aren't a whole lot of reasonable hands to worry about. Radiks is a fish.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:36 PM

I think I might be check raising that turn myself. As stated, sets are unlikely. KT is your only real worry. Blind battles are weird, and I where I won't stack off often with TPTK in a standrd situation I think we're more often good here.