Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 09:06 AM

Default 2 AKo turn decisions

CO is unknown, BB is on monkey tilt.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero???

----------------------------------------------------------

Villain is a very tight Tag

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero ???
Old 03-15-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: 2 AKo turn decisions

First hand:
I think you should value bet your TPTK. I think you're likely ahead and shouldn't let the turn get checked through for them to draw out on you free of charge.

Second hand:
I think you should call planning to check-call the river. I would bet-call a ten, and bet-raise another king.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:32 AM

First hand, easy bet, if you get raised prolly calldown vs both an unknown and definitely a monkey tilter.

Hand 2 is a bit tougher spot.. It's hard for Villain to be betting a worse hand here but you'll often split and you may have up to 6 outs. I'd prolly just call down and hope he shows AK or a badly played AJ or TT.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:14 AM

The decision in the first hand is between c/r or betting out the turn.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:19 AM

Hand 1: I would raise the flop to put pressure on CO. The pot is big enough, that he can peel profitably even with a 3 outer, and who knows maybe he will fold 77.

Hand 2: If I was in the hand, I would just have called down without thinking much further, but since I'm bored, here's some math:

(DISCLAIMER: I expect to have screwed this up somewhere, but I'm sure someone will correct me shortly [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

There are 6 combos of AK where you will win 2.75 BB (less rake, but I'll ignore that). 9 combos of AA, KK, QQ, JJ and AQs, where you have few to no outs and lose close to 2 BB (6 outs against AA, only 2 outs against JJ and AQs. 6*2.75=16.5 and 9*1.8=17.2.

The chance of TT, AQo and maybe even worse being part of his range would make it an easy calldown.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The decision in the first hand is between c/r or betting out the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that CO likely has a weaker A a lot given the action and c/r'ing to trap the SB would be awesome. I still dont think you can check and give KQ, KJs, QJs and lower PP's a free card in this big pot.

Hand 2.

Hard to see what you beat. I agree with Burnsabre that you are hoping to chop or that he is overplaying lower pp's and AJ. You say he is tight, so if you trust him enough you could call the turn and then check/fold the river. He could by taking a final stab at it planning on taking a free showdown.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:16 AM

hand 1 is a super easy bet.

hand 2 I call down
Old 03-15-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what hand do you put him on that he'll check behind this turn with? He's got an A like 90% of the time. Even small pps will bet this turn when checked to.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what hand do you put him on that he'll check behind this turn with? He's got an A like 90% of the time. Even small pps will bet this turn when checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess I see your point but I'd hate to see this check through.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

hand 2 I call down

[/ QUOTE ]

"BB is on monkey tilt" - i don't know if i could make a mistake here. Monkey tilt to me means he has Axo and just got there and wants to PUNISH US with the CHECK AND THEN RAISE. So I can 3-bet obv.

fwiw i'm agreeing 1 is a bet

i wouldn't worry about the CO here, you said he is unknown